Spy Photo: 2010 Ford Taurus Caught

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Holy crap...Ford: I'm impressed!!! Please PLEASE don't fuck it up by giving it a shitty interior using leather that feels like cardboard and acres of silver "alumi-look'!

I think it looks like an Acura...sorta...

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Better a Lexus than this:

2008_Ford_Taurus_1.jpg

I always thought they should have called this the Ford Ox rather than Taurus.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Now they just need to let SVT have a go at it with that Yamaha V8 or Eco-boost, and we can have a nice new SHO.

RUU-CHAMA

Car(s)
Mazda6
06-Ford-500.jpg

I liked the Ford 500 when it didn't have all that chrome, it reminded me of a Lexus, somehow. The new Taurus, however, looks great compared to the new Honda Accord (but everything looks good compared to the new Accord).

Deanodriver

@ .au
Car(s)
Holden Barina... whatever it was cheap :)
Even though I did think "HyForddai", because it does remind me of a Sonata, it's a big improvement over the current Taurus.

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
Just about anything is an improvement over the current Taurus. I like the looks of the supposed replacement, hopefully it's a decent performer too.

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
I absolutely love it. It's a great direction for Ford in the US, more european styling is a welcome change.
If they make an SHO version, it should be a pretty decent performer.

Vette Boss

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6
^ This coming from a man who willingly owns a car with a ladder chassis..

New Accord is the best compromise in family sedanery, it drives nicely (mum owns one, so I've driven it), has good build quality, the interior is a nice and has tons of features in the EX model. Looks are subjective, but I think it looks nicer than anything in its class, except perhaps the Altima.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)

New Accord is the best compromise in family sedanery, it drives nicely (mum owns one, so I've driven it), has good build quality, the interior is a nice and has tons of features in the EX model. Looks are subjective, but I think it looks nicer than anything in its class, except perhaps the Altima.

What does a ladder chassis have to do with the looks of a car?

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i

Really? :tumbleweed:

Shoot and a miss on that one......

RUU-CHAMA

Car(s)
Mazda6
I really can't accept the look of the new Accord, because I think the 2003 model was the best yet. The 2008 model reminds me of a early 2000's Acura 3.2 I think. (I know, same company, but still....)

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
Reminds me of Audi's at first glance...and some Mondeo :)

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
I think it looks great. Better at least than the dull Saturn Aura, the Camry and the Chevy Malibu.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
Man, a number of people are getting sued for posting this.

You guys should appreciate them.

No one is going to get sued. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done by Ford to test the waters and drum up support for the design. Car companies are extremely anal about keeping cameras out of their design studios; also there are no other "spy shots" of other cars.

Ezbok58a

Car(s)
Crown Victoria LX Sport
^ This coming from a man who willingly owns a car with a ladder chassis...

Coming from someone who's a ass... What's the point of pointing out what 'chassis' I have? 10 to 1 I can out handle your ride.And it's Body-On-Frame you jackass, get your insults right :rolleyes:

It drives nice, build quality ain't so bad, but they did cheapen out on a bunch of areas (rear seats don't fold down, tack on oval tips can easily become dislodged, minor stuff, but because its a Honda you take notice). Seats are absolutely God-fucking-awful...my back is killing me after a hour and a half in them (whereas my 'ladder chassis' can take me 4+ hours without any lower back discomfort).

And the styling is absolutely hideous, compared to what it looked like before its like they're copying BMW and what Bangle did with them...

tone76

Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz, 95 SAAB 900S, 97 Mazda 121
Mk4 Mondeo + FG Falcon + Camry = THAT. :blink:

jrl1018

Car(s)
2006 Nissan Altma
Even though I did think "HyForddai", because it does remind me of a Sonata, it's a big improvement over the current Taurus.

Yeah I agree, my immediate thoughts were "Hyundai".

But i think its kinda funny how we have named a plethora of automakers trying to describe what this car looks like.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
No one is going to get sued. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done by Ford to test the waters and drum up support for the design. Car companies are extremely anal about keeping cameras out of their design studios; also there are no other "spy shots" of other cars.

My first thought was that the "noise" looked a bit...off, for some reason. Like...faked...like something one would do to make it look like your first photo was "leaked" to get some interest.