Spy Photo: 2010 Ford Taurus Caught

Holy crap...Ford: I'm impressed!!! Please PLEASE don't fuck it up by giving it a shitty interior using leather that feels like cardboard and acres of silver "alumi-look'!

I think it looks like an Acura...sorta...

Better a Lexus than this:

2008_Ford_Taurus_1.jpg

I always thought they should have called this the Ford Ox rather than Taurus.

Now they just need to let SVT have a go at it with that Yamaha V8 or Eco-boost, and we can have a nice new SHO.

06-Ford-500.jpg

I liked the Ford 500 when it didn't have all that chrome, it reminded me of a Lexus, somehow. The new Taurus, however, looks great compared to the new Honda Accord (but everything looks good compared to the new Accord).

Even though I did think "HyForddai", because it does remind me of a Sonata, it's a big improvement over the current Taurus.

Just about anything is an improvement over the current Taurus. I like the looks of the supposed replacement, hopefully it's a decent performer too.

I absolutely love it. It's a great direction for Ford in the US, more european styling is a welcome change.
If they make an SHO version, it should be a pretty decent performer.

Uuuuhhhhh..... you're kidding right?

http://img510.imageshack.**/img510/8551/2008hondaaccordexlv66spzu4.jpg

:rolleyes: Of course a coupe looks better...except the Altima Coupe bleh...

Now how bout a pic of the 4door?

2008-honda-accord-front-three-quarters-view.jpg

All signs point to ugly as all hell...

^ This coming from a man who willingly owns a car with a ladder chassis..

New Accord is the best compromise in family sedanery, it drives nicely (mum owns one, so I've driven it), has good build quality, the interior is a nice and has tons of features in the EX model. Looks are subjective, but I think it looks nicer than anything in its class, except perhaps the Altima.

New Accord is the best compromise in family sedanery, it drives nicely (mum owns one, so I've driven it), has good build quality, the interior is a nice and has tons of features in the EX model. Looks are subjective, but I think it looks nicer than anything in its class, except perhaps the Altima.

What does a ladder chassis have to do with the looks of a car?

Really? :tumbleweed:

Shoot and a miss on that one......

I really can't accept the look of the new Accord, because I think the 2003 model was the best yet. The 2008 model reminds me of a early 2000's Acura 3.2 I think. (I know, same company, but still....)

I think it looks great. Better at least than the dull Saturn Aura, the Camry and the Chevy Malibu.

Man, a number of people are getting sued for posting this.

You guys should appreciate them.

No one is going to get sued. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done by Ford to test the waters and drum up support for the design. Car companies are extremely anal about keeping cameras out of their design studios; also there are no other "spy shots" of other cars.

^ This coming from a man who willingly owns a car with a ladder chassis...

Coming from someone who's a ass... What's the point of pointing out what 'chassis' I have? 10 to 1 I can out handle your ride.And it's Body-On-Frame you jackass, get your insults right :rolleyes:

It drives nice, build quality ain't so bad, but they did cheapen out on a bunch of areas (rear seats don't fold down, tack on oval tips can easily become dislodged, minor stuff, but because its a Honda you take notice). Seats are absolutely God-fucking-awful...my back is killing me after a hour and a half in them (whereas my 'ladder chassis' can take me 4+ hours without any lower back discomfort).

And the styling is absolutely hideous, compared to what it looked like before its like they're copying BMW and what Bangle did with them...

Mk4 Mondeo + FG Falcon + Camry = THAT. :blink:

Even though I did think "HyForddai", because it does remind me of a Sonata, it's a big improvement over the current Taurus.

Yeah I agree, my immediate thoughts were "Hyundai".

But i think its kinda funny how we have named a plethora of automakers trying to describe what this car looks like.

No one is going to get sued. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done by Ford to test the waters and drum up support for the design. Car companies are extremely anal about keeping cameras out of their design studios; also there are no other "spy shots" of other cars.

My first thought was that the "noise" looked a bit...off, for some reason. Like...faked...like something one would do to make it look like your first photo was "leaked" to get some interest.