Spy Shot: BMW M3 (2006)

Overheat

Forum Addict
These photos show that the new-generation BMW M3 is undergoing final testing before its launch in summer 2006 - and that BMW is to make its fastest 3-Series available in four-door form once again.

Two-door coupe and convertible M3s are also on the way, however; these are likely to be unveiled, along with the mainstream 3-Series coupe and drop-top, at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show.

As with Audi (S4) and Mercedes-Benz (C55 AMG), BMW is making its compact executive flagship model ever-faster and more powerful.

It is to abandon the familar straight-six format for a 4.0-litre V8, developing around 400 bhp: these photos show the bonnet slightly higher-set to accomodate the larger engine.

They also show the quad exhaust tailpipes and high-performance sports wheels, mounted onto slightly wider axles for increased stability, a lower centre of gravity and enhanced cornering potential.

BMW-M3-001.jpg
BMW-M3-002.jpg

BMW-M3-003.jpg
BMW-M3-004.jpg

BMW-M3-005.jpg
BMW-M3-006.jpg

BMW-M3-brakes.jpg
BMW-M3-Exhausts.jpg

ooo I like the discreet exhaust pipes

if they keep that bodywork it'll be the ultimate sleeper

Confident that this will be a nice car 8) I want pics of two-door version! I would say that 400BHP is not a lot next to the C55 but 400 is enough and will feel good with that chassis.

400 is not a lot! Christ...what cars have you been driving? A F360 had 400bhp and last time I drove one, that felt pretty quick!

ArosaMike said:
400 is not a lot! Christ...what cars have you been driving? A F360 had 400bhp and last time I drove one, that felt pretty quick!

in outright terms you're right, 400hp is a lot, but he said it wasn't a lot when compared to a competitor - the C55:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
400BHP is not a lot next to the C55
see?

^^ Do you guys really think they will do the c55 in supercharged form? Dunno... would keep people from buying the E55...

And I can't imagine, they leave the exhaust pipes hidden, and don't go for the side vents... Would be un-M3-ish... A bit showing off is a part of the car, IMO...

Buba

Buba said:
^^ Do you guys really think they will do the c55 in supercharged form? Dunno... would keep people from buying the E55...

And I can't imagine, they leave the exhaust pipes hidden, and don't go for the side vents... Would be un-M3-ish... A bit showing off is a part of the car, IMO...

Buba

I can't see MB not doing a supercharged C55 - what with the new M3 pushing 400hp and the RS4 over 400hp I don't see what choice they have. They have to match those car's outputs, and given the supercharged motor can do that it seems a natural match

Agreed, but that rear is ugly...:puke:

where are the side grilles?

an M3 needs side grilles! it isn't a proper M3 without them (well, with the V8 it isn't anyways)

I just dont like the new 3 Series. :thumbsdown:

It hasnt grown on me, the 5 is ok and I really dont like the looks of most of the BMW lineup. :thumbsdown:

Buba said:

Buba

The actual C55 has only got 360bhp, they might do a C63 which will have over 500bhp.

Anyway since when is BMW producing 4-door M3's, I always thought these were only 2-doors. :? :? 400bhp is actually not that good since the RS4 has 400 and something BHP.

No, they had four-door M3s before the current model came out.

I agree, the rear is ugly as sin.

hajj said:
Anyway since when is BMW producing 4-door M3's, I always thought these were only 2-doors. :? :? 400bhp is actually not that good since the RS4 has 400 and something BHP.

looks like a real sleeper, no hood bulges, no fender flairs no dual dual exhaust and a 4 DOOR. looks like an awesome car

I if am not mistaken, the M3 Evo of a few years agora was the first 4-door version of the M3....and it was still a very desirable car
:thumbsup:

fbc said:
Buba said:

Buba

I can't see MB not doing a supercharged C55 - what with the new M3 pushing 400hp and the RS4 over 400hp I don't see what choice they have. They have to match those car's outputs, and given the supercharged motor can do that it seems a natural match

I wonder why they keep adding horsepower when all the german cars are limited to 155 what is the point if you cannot make them faster??? :thumbsdown: