• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Dodge Neon

Overheat

Forum Addict
This is the effective replacement for the Chrysler Neon - but it will have nothing in common with that model, not even its name. No name has yet been confirmed for the car, to be sold in Europe as a Dodge, though it's also unlikely to be called 'Avenger', like the concept car which previewed its styling - that's a name with far too many bad memories for British buyers. It's currently codenamed PM49.

PM49 will share its platform with the next-generation Mitsubishi Lancer small family range, and both models will be pitched firmly at the Golf-Focus-Astra sector this time. Hatchback and station wagon versions will be offered, as well as a saloon - to replace the current Dodge Stratus - and perhaps a compact MPV; the platform will also form the basis of the next-gen Chrysler PT Cruiser, Sebring Convertible and three 4x4s: a Jeep, a Dodge and the new Mitsubishi Outlander. Engines will include the Chrysler 2.4, but a full series of more economical units, including diesels, will also be available. PM49 will be built in Belvidere, Illinois, and is expected to go on sale in late 2005. Right-hand drive sales are likely to follow in early 2006.

Chrysler-Neon-001.jpg
Chrysler-Neon-002.jpg

Chrysler-Neon-003.jpg

Next time, post it in Scoops or some thread like that, keeps it clean..

Can't tell much from that driving bag :|

Nah, the bag does suck quite a bit. I prefer to have a new thread for each new car tho - don't really see the point in keeping it all in one thread.

It gets messy when you gonna introduce every bag car every week, you'll have lots of small threads, I prefer the Scoops area you can have several discussions in one thread.

Meh, but if you put it all in one thread, discussions from different cars get mixed.

So what if it dies, the thread has served its purpose, if no-one is interested in the car, then that's that. I agree with Viper and I think that the Scoops thread can get very confusing at times, trying to follow which car is being commented on, plus, it's real messy in there.

Re: Spy Shot: Dodge Neon

Overheat said:
This is the effective replacement for the Chrysler Neon - but it will have nothing in common with that model, not even its name.
Ok, I'm really confused by this.

The car won't be called the Neon, it has nothing in common with the Neon, yet it's meant to replace the Neon? How is a large SUV looking vehicle supposed to replace a car that it has nothing in common with... :?

I think that body bag is very disguising....like the lights and front grille. I think it's just a very good job at hiding the actual shape of the car. Who cares, anyway? It's still going to be a Neon.

Well, like Overheat wrote, it's to replace the Neon. I think the height IS higher than a current Neon, but that could also be part of the disguise (although I don't know why Dodge would be THAT secretive over something like the Neon).

I think it would be a brand new model... that car wouldn't replace the neon... a neon is a compact 4-door car... from the pics... that seems like a compact-SUV... like the Hond CR-V or RAV4

andyhui01 said:
I think it would be a brand new model... that car wouldn't replace the neon... a neon is a compact 4-door car... from the pics... that seems like a compact-SUV... like the Hond CR-V or RAV4
Ya, my thoughts exactly. The proportions from these pictures are quite confusing - I guess they're succeeding in keeping us confused though. :p

Is now Dodge trying to enter in the high fighted hatchback market? With that car, they're gonna lose

I loved the old Neon versions, but this is just horrible

the wheels loke incredibly HUGE :D ... Ethan... your sigs too high... you should loose the Greg Moore section ... thx :wink:

andyhui01 said:
the wheels loke incredibly HUGE :D ... Ethan... your sigs too high... you should loose the Greg Moore section ... thx :wink:

Yeah the wheels are cool, but they're lifted from the Dodge trucks

Done with the Sig

thx alot Ethan... the truck looks kinda intimidating... if that tailed me on the highway... it would look like its going to run me over :lol: