• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Dodge Nitro (2005)

Overheat

Forum Addict
nitro.intro.jpg

Concept: We saw a "concept" at the Frankfurt Motor Show and here it is on the move: one of the Dodge 4x4s set to come to Europe when Chrysler relaunches the Dodge brand here next year.

Platform: The Nitro is based on the Jeep Liberty (Cherokee) platform and will come with the same 3.7 V6 petrol engine (210bhp, 235lb ft of torque). Diesel versions are also likely.

Prototypes: There are a number of Nitro prototypes out testing at the moment, including the all-black car seen here and another with white-clad wheel-arches - we reckon the latter is a sported-up model, probably to wear an SRT (Street Racing Technology) badge.

Wheels: Check out the lower-profile tyres and wider wheels, which look like 20-inchers - more for street racing than off-roading. It also has a deeper front air dam spoiler.

Engine: But which engine will the Nitro SRT have? Industry-watchers reckon that Chrysler may not want to risk eating into sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, which will come with the same 6.1-litre HEMI V8 as in the 300C SRT8 and Dodge Charger SRT8.

Performance: An SRT-tweaked version of the V6 is possible; but if Chrysler is serious about positioning SRT as a proper high-performance brand, then a HEMI engine is really the only option.

dodge-nitro-01.jpg
dodge-nitro-02.jpg

dodge-nitro-03.jpg
dodge-nitro-04.jpg

dodge-nitro-05.jpg
dodge-nitro-06.jpg

:no: Box on wheels... Doesn't look like anything special, just another bloody SUV.

i like it , i hope they include the diesel version from the liberty. i like that boxy is coming back, i am sick of these curvy soft roaders

Can somebody take away the 'old cars' books the American car companies seem to be stealing from lately?!? Man... ugh... how ugly can it get?

It kinda makes the Mitsu Pijero / Max / MegaSUV thingee look good. :puke: