• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Ford Edge (2005)

Overheat

Forum Addict
SUV-MPV: Mercedes-Benz has its R-Class and similar large SUV-MPV-luxury-spec family car crossovers are on their way from most manufacturers, including BMW, Audi, Jeep and Mazda.

Unveiling: Ford has confirmed it is to formally unveil a model called Edge at the Detroit Motor Show in January.

Production: The Edge (insert your own U2 joke here) will be a sister model to the Lincoln Aviator, already revealed, and will go into production in Oakville, Ontario, next summer.

Range: To be positioned in the Ford range between the Escape and the huge Explorer, the Edge is built on a new version of the Mazda6 platform which will also be shared with the Fusion (US-market saloon), Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr.

Market: The Edge is primarily aimed at the US market, though there's a chance we might see it in Europe.

Engine: The first version available will come with a new 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine developing 250bhp and 240lb ft of torque, and a new six-speed automatic gearbox.

Transmission: This engine and transmission, said to be a fuel-efficient combination, will then appear in other Ford products - and it's also compatible with a hybrid petrol-electric system and turbocharging for future performance cars.

ford-edge-01.jpg
ford-edge-02.jpg

ford-edge-03.jpg
ford-edge-04.jpg

ford-edge-05.jpg
ford-edge-06.jpg

ford-edge-07.jpg

jayjaya29 said:
Why do all of Ford's SUV's have to have a name that starts with 'E'?

Why do we need another SUV?

Great. Another Ford ute. :wall:

What's next, an SUV to position between this Edge and the Explorer? And one between the Explorer and the Expedition? And one between the Escape and the oh God, I can't pry my hands away from my neck.

BlaRo said:

THAT'S not a Ford ute. THIS is a Ford ute!

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/7383/fpvtornado20052cs.jpg

That's not even a ute! It's a friggin ugly SUV, nothing ute'ish about it!

Ooooh! Does that big red button launch the missles??

I guess it does show how versitile the Mazda6 platform is. Oh well. Another barge hits the road.

watto said:
BlaRo said:

Shut up! You know what I mean! ;)

I'd rather have that ute than this..."ute". God, why doesn't Ford give us that? And the Falcon XR8 and XR6 Turbomisslegiterdone and the XRAwesome2445907896075 everything and my arms have suddenly become self-aware and have fallen off in desperation.

That big red button was stolen from "The Price is Right".

BlaRo said:
watto said:
BlaRo said:

Shut up! You know what I mean! ;)

I'd rather have that ute than this..."ute". God, why doesn't Ford give us that? And the Falcon XR8 and XR6 Turbomisslegiterdone and the XRAwesome2445907896075 everything and my arms have suddenly become self-aware and have fallen off in desperation.

That big red button was stolen from "The Price is Right".

hehehe.

Yeah, I know what ya meant. Just felt like rubbing it in that we Aussies make the best (and coolest!) utes in the world. F6 Tornado, Pursuit, XR8, XR6T, Maloo, SS... Oh yeah :D