Spy Shot: Ford Galaxy (2006)

Overheat

Forum Addict
Ford?s large MPV strategy will be split between the Galaxy replacement seen here, which will major on load space and true seven-seat capacity, and the sleeker D-Max, which will focus on driving dynamics and a flexible interior package.

The current Galaxy MPV has been around since 2000, but Ford plans to launch the sportier D-MAX first, in early 2006, before the all-new Galaxy arrives.

Both will be shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

Though both are based on the next Mondeo?s platform, the D-MAX is likely to be offered with a choice of five or seven seats, with the optional last two suitable only for smaller folks.

Those seats will fold into the boot floor when not in use. The original aim of the SAV concept from which the D-MAX is derived was to provide a bridge between the Mondeo and the full-size Galaxy.

The Galaxy, with its bigger boot and rear headroom, will carry seven as standard, and be centred on refinement and comfort.

The current Galaxy?s rear two rows of seats can be removed entirely for van-like load-carrying, and we?d expect a similarly flexible arrangement on the new car.

Engines expected to be fitted to the D-MAX and Galaxy include the Volvo 2.3 and 2.4-litre petrols, Ford-sourced TDCi diesels and the 2.7 V6 diesel as in the Jaguar S-Type.

Galaxy-001.jpg
Galaxy-002.jpg

Galaxy-003.jpg
Galaxy-004.jpg

Galaxy-005.jpg
Galaxy-006.jpg

Galaxy-007.jpg
Galaxy-008.jpg

Ahh Overheat, famous for posting threads about cars that people might actually buy :D
Look at the way they have covered up the car :shock: Isnt that illegal!

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Ahh Overheat, famous for posting threads about cars that people might actually buy :D

I love the professional way they've attached the rear cover on the goldy/brown one

Wait!!! I think there are about 200million of these things driving around the US, except it has different rear lights.

Hahaha, all these minivans look the same to me.

I remember a galaxy was a car....now its a big soccer mom vehicle :D

fbc said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

I love the professional way they've attached the rear cover on the goldy/brown one

The blue one is even better, with the air entering freely inside the cover... :lol:

SL65... illegal why?

^ LIKE TOTALLY!

THATS HAWT(like pairs hilton)

Overheat whats on the options list? baby seat? lux. cup holders? roof compartments?

It's going to be a symphony of hard plastics, just like all the rest of the new americans carmakers' models. And the original Galaxy was a land-yacht. My grandmother had one and it was as long as the limo's of that era...LOL...