• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Jeep Wrangler 4dr

Overheat

Forum Addict
Jeep Wrangler 4dr: Here's long-wheelbase, four-door Jeep Wrangler. It will maintain the same stripped-out feel as the two-door, but its stretched wheelbase will give substantially more room for rear-seat passengers and much more luggage space. We can't see its interior from these pictures, but it may well have a third row of seats, or an extra pair of fold-away chairs. The roof design of the Wrangler has had to be adapted to enable it to meet the latest US safety regulations and this five-door looks as if it has a fixed roof frame with removable panels, like that of the two-door. The rearmost section, however, could have a fold-down canvas hood in addition to the targa-style lift-out sections, to give an authentic convertible feel.

Specification: The four-door will, like the two-door, have much-improved refinement and a generous specification with electric windows, sat nav, MPV player, stability control, rollover protection, front and side airbags and so on - though it should keep the exposed door hinges and fold-down windscreen. The longer bodyshell may not allow for removable doors, however.

Construction: It's not just about urban utility and posing, though: this new Wrangler gains new electric axle locks, an electrically-disconnecting sway bar, stronger front and rear axles and transfer cases, and larger wheels and tyres, giving it better off-road ability; ground clearance has been increased, and the basic frame is longer, wider and stiffer than that of the outgoing model.

Engine: The engine already confirmed for the two-door is Chrysler's 3.8 V6 (205bhp) petrol unit, though a more powerful powerplant may well be offered in this model - perhaps even a Hemi V8. A diesel is likely for European-spec Wranglers. Production of the two-door begins in Ohio this autumn; this four-door will be officially revealed later this year, and will follow the SWB model on sale.

jeep-wrangler-4dr-001.jpg
jeep-wrangler-4dr-002.jpg

jeep-wrangler-4dr-003.jpg
jeep-wrangler-4dr-004.jpg

all the girls at my school will touch themselves over this

Even I'll touch myself over this.

:thumbsdown:

I hate Jeeps, this is no exception. All the people around where I live go out of their way to buy a Jeep, I don't see the purpose.

nice

mercedes kills one of the last true off roaders, and jeep comes with a replacement

(not sure you can compare them though)

bone said:
nice

mercedes kills one of the last true off roaders
They're still making the G-class thanks to unstoppable demand, and the realization that the GL class is a pretty crappy "replacement". We still have plenty of real offroaders on the market. The Toyota Land Cruiser, on the other hand, is truly sad in its decay, at least in its American incarnation; is there a "basic" real offroad Land Cruiser elsewhere in the world?

IVIaster said:
Hummer-copy, hope its actually good at offroad
The Jeep Wrangler, in its basic form, has been around since World War II. The Hummer/HUMVEE was commisioned in 1981. Who copied who?

Jeep hasn't gone retro, because the basic design hasn't changed since then.

Think of it this way. The Porsche 911's basic design hasn't changed either since 1963. Same with the Jeep.

Wow the Wrangler has gone all military on us. But I prefer the Wrangler in its original form. It was a fun car. Fun but very very shit.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Wow the Wrangler has gone all military on us.

patton%20on%20Jeep.jpg

You mean this original, non-military form? ;)

^Is that a Wrangler. Gee I thought the Rangler only came in around 1992 (according to classic TG).

Anyways I was reffering to the civilian version.

Honestly, I don't get the excitement. :dunno:

There are literally hundreds (alright, maybe tens ;) ) of cars I would buy instead of this thing... It's just not a good car, and it doesn't even look good.

how can you honestly say its not a good car. It has a purpose and s proven to be as capable as anything else around.