• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Mercedes-Benz CL

Overheat

Forum Addict
By and large, the tape appears simply applied over the bodywork to hide details like lamp units and rear window shape, but the contour on the rear wings could disguise a prominent wheelarch bulge, like that seen on the B-Class and M-Class, and also tipped for the forthcoming S-Class. What is clear despite the disguise is that the next-generation CL has a bonnet standing proud of hunkered front wings.

Developed on the same platform as the upcoming S-Class, the CL, Mercedes' biggest luxury coup?, will also feature a lot of the new technology that will feature on the next S-Class, so expect developments of Mercedes' active safety systems like Pre Safe and Brake Assist Plus.

Engines will also mirror those in higher-grade S-Class models; a 5.0-litre V8 and 6.0-litre V12 likely to be the debutant models, with AMG versions following later. The CL's S-Class sister-model will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September '05, but we'd imagine that the CL won't make its debut until a few months later, perhaps at the 2006 Detroit show next January.

Mercedes-CL-001.jpg
Mercedes-CL-002.jpg

Mercedes-CL-003.jpg
Mercedes-CL-004.jpg

Mercedes-CL-005.jpg
Mercedes-CL-006.jpg

Mercedes-CL-007.jpg

I think the current CL is the classiest model Benz has and it seems they will make another great coupe here. :thumbsup:

Looks slightly SL from the back, a bit of CLS in it and the front look totally new, I love it :thumbsup:

justin syder said:
I think the current CL is the classiest model Benz has and it seems they will make another great coupe here. :thumbsup:

Looks slightly SL from the back, a bit of CLS in it and the front look totally new, I love it :thumbsup:

I agree with you. But I just like it... :p

It seems they'll retain the thin C-pillar. :thumbsup:

hmmm... damn tapes.. can't see it clearly .. the rear is similar to the s class spy shots.. i guess thats the new rear.

Autobild / Huckfeld made this illustration of it's looks earlier (with the hard top,
not this cabriolet thing). And they tend to get it somewhat right... But this doesn't
look as good as the current one at all :(

59410.jpg

^that's too short for a CL, from this angle at least ..

haz

No I think those computer illustrations are pretty much spot on. The reason why it looks smaller than the current one, is the high waistline and boot, and tapered ends. This is something you notice with the new S-Class as well. That way the length isn't accentuated as much. I reckon it will still be an imposing car.

Thanks hanasad for the pics. :thumbsup: It is classy, elegant and refreshing new look. What a beautiful coupe!

BMW should take note ;)

According to these spy-pics it's going to be pretty much like Huckfelt's illustrations.
I HATE THE FRONT!

It looks like some kind of gay Kia/Daewoo headlights and they don't suit the CL at all.
The grille is oversized as well..

The ass and roof are sexy though..

haz said:
^that's too short for a CL, from this angle at least ..

haz

I agree with you ...
It's a tad small.

The CL is huge .... unless they thought about it and make a smaller and more agile one. But that's entirely unnecessary.

Looks kinda the right size for a CLK though ..

Which is older again? The CL or the CLK? hmm ... can't rem. Actually, the CL might be older, but the CLK looks more dated ... dunno.

Oh well ...