• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Peugeot 207

Overheat

Forum Addict
Beneath this bin liner convention lies the all-new Peugeot 207, Peugeot's replacement for its 206 supermini, caught here cold testing. The Peugeot is so well disguised that it's hard to tell what it'll look like from these photos, but we've included an artist's impression to give you some idea.

From the photos, however, it appears that the 207 will be bigger than the 206 it replaces, certainly it looks like the wheelbase is longer. This is perhaps no surprise, given that the 207 will also have the Renault Modus-rivalling 1007 and the 107 city car alongside or below it in the Peugeot range, so may need to be bigger than the car it replaces. In fact, some sources suggest that, at 4.03m in length, it'll be just as long as the old 306 small family car.

The 207 is based, like the Citroen C2 and the 1007, on PSA Peugeot Citroen's PF1 platform, an architecture that should account for almost a million sales a year when the 207 production comes on full stream during 2006.

Peugeot-207-3-door-001.jpg
Peugeot-207-3-door-002.jpg

Peugeot-207-3-door-003.jpg
Peugeot-207-3-door-004.jpg

Peugeot-207-5-door-001.jpg
Peugeot-207-5-door-002.jpg

Peugeot-207-5-door-003.jpg
Peugeot-207-illustration.jpg

I don't like the way of styling that takes peugeot today

I prefer the old ones 306, 205, 106 ( especially those GTI/s16 versions )

They will put this same front to all the new ones ( 1007, 307, ... )

it sucks ! :thumbsdown:

I'm seeing a trend. All the cars in that class used to look more sporty. Its all changed to more bland cars.

A few examples:

The ford Focus
The renault clio
and now the 206, whats going on?!

Though this 206 hasn't changed as much.

talk about a SPY shot

if i didn't know better, i would say it's a hoovercraft :lol:

weren't these the pictures for the new clio?

must be using the same designer

bone said:
talk about a SPY shot

Yeah, I wonder how the photographer knew it was the new 207? How did he know it wasn't the new Civic or Clio or something? :p

Well.. if it looks anything like that green thing, I'm not so sure if I like it. The 206 is a great-looking car. After years in production, it still looks great when I see it on the streets. My brother used to have one (1.4 HDi) and I loved it.

That green 'rendition' looks a bit like a combination between a 206 and a 307. Looks a bit strange.

I liked what Peugeot was doing a few years ago, now they're moving the wrong in the wrong direction (imho)..

I adored the #06 models tons, my Dad was even sediced by them enough to purchase one, but I think that Peugeot are really heading in the wrong direction here.

I really like the new 407. I think it looks damn good, especially for a Peugeot.

in_Peugeot_407_02.jpg

nismo33 said:
can't tell much from those spy shots, it looks like its being fumegated for rodents or is being used as a house at the moment... but the bottom picture looks nice :) the recent peugots are really starting to set themselves apart in style. 8)

nice SS there choas386 :thumbsup:
Heh, that's just a picture from Holden's website. I don't have an SS, I just want one. :D

EDIT: That 407 looks great Dr. Woo. I've seen some 407s around and I agree, they look great in dark colors.

bone said:
talk about a SPY shot

yea, thos pics ar useless IMO .........

haz

zeroSignal said:
Well.. if it looks anything like that green thing, I'm not so sure if I like it. The 206 is a great-looking car. After years in production, it still looks great when I see it on the streets. My brother used to have one (1.4 HDi) and I loved it.

guys drive that car?? haven't seen many of them before, it's like the mazda miata, kinda girly

Overheat said:
yea, it's a nice looking car, but I still prefer the design of the 406 over the 407 anyday:

peugeot406coupe_05_1024x768.jpg

Thats the coupe, the normal version is a bit more bland:

peugeot.jpg

That coupe is a very nice car. Looks great in my book.

the green 207 in the last picture looks like smaller 307, definetely not nice car. Where are the great ideas, like 407 or 407 coupe??

Peugeot 207: As Peugeot readies its 207 supermini for launch, our spy photographers caught it lining up for an official photoshoot in South Africa.

Production: Production starts late this year, though right-hand drive models are unlikely to reach showrooms till early 2006.

Dimensions: The 207, built on a version of the Citroen C3's underpinnings, is both longer and higher than the 206 it replaces - it's a similar size to the old 306 small family car.

Equipment: Expect much-upgraded cabin quality and equipment, including curtain and knee airbags.

Engine: Some engines will be the same as in the C3 range - such as the new 110bhp 1.6-litre HDI diesel - but ultimately, the range will also include the new four-cylinder units co-developed with BMW, to be shared with the next-generation Mini. Further down the line, expect a hot 2.0-litre version delivering 190bhp-plus.

Versions: The first versions on offer will be three- and five-door hatchbacks, although SW mini-estate and CC coupe-cabriolet models will follow. There's also talk of a Ford Puma-style mini-coupe with a fixed hard-top.

Manufacturing: The hatches will be built alongside the Citroen C3 and Pluriel in Peugeot's factory at Villaverde, Madrid, rather than at Ryton, near Coventry, where the current 206 is made.

peugeot-207-01.jpg
peugeot-207-02.jpg

peugeot-207-03.jpg
peugeot-207-04.jpg

peugeot-207-05.jpg
peugeot-207-06.jpg

peugeot-207-07.jpg