• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: SsangYong Korando 2006

Overheat

Forum Addict
We wrote about the SsangYong Musso a few weeks ago, and now here's its smaller brother, the Korando - a peculiar name derived from 'Korea can do'.

The old Korando - on sale in the UK in the late 1990s - was a distinctive-looking machine, with fared-in wings and an almost Jeep Wrangler-esque look to the front end. This version's likely to be less controversial, although the headlights do appear fairly low-set, hinting at an un-SUV-like front. There won't be too much blocky, off-road estate styling to the rear end, either: the roofline instead slopes away gently in a hatchback style, so the Korando could have the appearance of 4x4/family hatchback crossover.

We don't have too many details on the engine and drivetrain, but like other SsangYongs including the Rexton, could use developed versions of a Mercedes-sourced 2.9-litre turbodiesel and a Mercedes-sourced four-cylinder petrol engine, although these units are now fairly venerable. It's probably also worth noting that SsangYong is nearly half-owned by Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC), which could soon tie-up a development and production deal with Britain's MG Rover group.

Ssang-Yong-Korando-001.jpg
Ssang-Yong-Korando-002.jpg

Ssang-Yong-Korando-003.jpg
Ssang-Yong-Korando-004.jpg

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Looks like a squished Aztec. :yucky:

Maybe they bought GM's Aztek design...:lol:

I think overheat lives in that swedish city we saw in fifth gear :p ... always coming up with spyshot pics..(mostly stupid cars tho :bangin: )

:yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

Not much more to say about it...

Buba

jasonchiu said:
overheat why do u always give us spyshots of worthless cars lol!

well, my posts are more about what's going on in the industry rather than the actual cars - but if you don't like them, i'll stop. Up to you lot - just doing my bit to keep peeps talking :)