• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Spy Shot: Vauxhall Astra CC

Overheat

Forum Addict
Here are some of the first pictures revealing the Astra Coupe Cabriolet underway with the roof down. This is the car that Vauxhall hopes will steal sales from the Peugeot 307CC and Renault Megane CC, and when it goes on sale shortly after the Astra, Ford's Focus CC. As revealed in earlier spyshots, the Astra CC differs from its competition in having a three-piece steel folding roof as opposed to a two-piece unit. This is said to allow quicker stowing of the roof and a lighter overall weight. Close examination of the profile shots - note how far forward the driver sits in the cabin - also reveals that the Astra should be a true four-seater, which could give it an edge over the competition. Rear shots also reveal slightly raised sections on the solid boot running to the rear headrests, ala classic Thunderbird convertibles - there is also evidence here that the Astra will employ pop-up roll over bars.

To remain competitive with the Peugeot, Renault and Ford, the Vauxhall will have to weigh in between ?17,000 and ?21,000. Also, it's a safe bet that Vauxhall will want to join the current trend toward diesel engine variants, with the company's 150bhp 1.9CDTi being an obvious choice. Expect the entry level petrol to be a 1.8-litre unit, with a high performance 2.0-litre turbo topping the range.

Opel-Astra-CC-open-001.jpg
Opel-Astra-CC-open-002.jpg

Opel-Astra-CC-open-003.jpg
Opel-Astra-CC-open-004.jpg

Opel-Astra-CC-open-005.jpg
Opel-Astra-CC-open-006.jpg

It will be a good rival for M?gane and 307. It even looks like M?gane (the back, mainly).
I don't really like these coup?-cabrios. Of course it is nice that you can use the car properly all around the year in places with real seasons, but still, I think there should be only coup?s an cabrios, not these CCs. Opel had that nice Astra cabrio, but now they had to make this, because CCs are in fashion. :yucky:

what car do you think would be better?? This Astra, 307CC or Megane?? This cars are very simillar in general...

I'd probably go for the Astra personally - but I'm not female, so none of the cars appeal to me all that much :p

Cernobyl said:
what car do you think would be better?? This Astra, 307CC or Megane?? This cars are very simillar in general...
I'd have to go with an Astra probly cos its better value + im not too
keen with the Megane's styling :thumbsdown:
btw check out the strange camo work on that astra pictured :shock:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
btw check out the strange camo work on that astra pictured :shock:
And I thought they come with factory vinyl these days. :lol:

Yarr! Looks "fabulous". ;) I think it'll be almost similar to megane cc and the 307cc in price and performance, but I'm an Astra man and I like that a lot. Don't hate me for it. :D This is just what I've been waiting for. It's been a while since the last cool Vauxhall, which was the Bertone Coup?.