Spy Shots: 2010 Nissan 370Z

That GTR roofline looks horrible. The current 350Z is so nice.

I don't remember where I read or heard it, but I believe Nissan trimmed lots of weight for this new model. That should give it a performance boost for sure, along with the larger engine.

You mean other than all the other turbo Nissans that they've sold in the US for forever? The turbo Sentra, the turbo 200SX, the old blower trucks...

Also, Nissan gets the same power without a turbo that it takes VW/Audi a turbo to achieve. :D

That said, it was a real disappointment when the rumored 350Z turbo never materialized. They made a turbo model a staple of the Z line with the 280ZX Turbo, and I was hoping for a 350Z Turbo.
They haven't put out a turbo in the US in the past 10 years. It's not hard to achieve same power N/A as VW/Audi do with turbos but they are not likely to achieve the same torque figures or get torque as early. I was looking at Z32TT vs Z33 torque figures and while they are about the same IIRC the TT would get its full torque noticeably earlier than the Z33.

Since you had to bring up Audi.... A friend of mine has an SR20DET 240sx, he has the same amount of power as my car after APR Stage 1 tune (ECU tune only) but it has less torque. Keeping in mind that I have 200cc less than the SR in my engine :)

Toy plastics interior. I like how they've taped over the badge instead of just removing it.

I like everything except the tail lights. Definitely looks more 'z'-ish.

Dream on......... Nissan doesn't seem to understand that turbo is absolutely the best thing on the planet. Unless it comes to the R35.

On a separate note, looks like a normal 350Z with different lights. I still don't like the damn thing, after the Z32 which was both gorgeous and had turbos :(

I still say it'd be better if they strapped a couple of SBC's onto it instead.

They haven't changed much from the 350Z, have they? :(

My thoughts excactly. I never liked the look of the 350 that much and this doesnt look like it will appeal to me either.

Bring back a proper 300zx please.

My thoughts excactly. I never liked the look of the 350 that much and this doesnt look like it will appeal to me either.

Full%20Blown%20350z%20driver%20profile.JPG

Compared to
nissan370z.d3.kgp.ed.jpg

The new car looks VASTLY better. The kinked rear window brings back 240z very clearly. Good job Nissan, I'm actually liking this car!

I don't remember where I read or heard it, but I believe Nissan trimmed lots of weight for this new model. That should give it a performance boost for sure, along with the larger engine.

If so, I am impressed, since the 350Z is about the weight as my car, 3200 pounds. Pretty light already for a modern car. The interior is an improvement, too.

Dream on, it will never happen. Nissan doesn't and won't bother trying to make their cars look retro. The 350Z shape is so distinctive, you can see a silhouette of it and recognize it immediately.

I still say it'd be better if they strapped a couple of SBC's onto it instead.

Anything is better with a couplf of SBC's :) Funny you should mention it, this guy in the auto club I belong to just finished an LS2 swap in his 240SX, it's a beast.
The 350Z shape is so distinctive, you can see a silhouette of it and recognize it immediately.
Yeah cept it looks almost exactly like a G35.

Yeah cept it looks almost exactly like a G35.

G35 = 350z in nearly every aspect.

I was looking into a G35 Sport Coupe when I was car shopping a few months ago. I found one, gorgeous, had everything I wanted. But I could not get over how when you look bang on from the side, it looks like its little, less sophisticated, cousin. And if I'm paying the premium for an Infiniti, I don't want to be reminded of Nissan everytime I look at it.

My only issue with the G35 is the back seat. They should have made it a true 2 seater like the Nissan.

This is the first concept/upcoming car I've seen in a while without vomiting on myself.

This car actually looks pretty good. I especially like the side profile and the rear lights.

Great job Nissan! Way to make a new car that isn't painfully ugly! Keep it up!

I was looking into a G35 Sport Coupe when I was car shopping a few months ago. I found one, gorgeous, had everything I wanted. But I could not get over how when you look bang on from the side, it looks like its little, less sophisticated, cousin. And if I'm paying the premium for an Infiniti, I don't want to be reminded of Nissan everytime I look at it.

I am painfully aware of that fact, however the point was that 350z looks unique, which it clearly does not as it looks like a G35 :) I'm really just being an arse.

Really? I knew they are the same car, but felt that they were aesthetically different cars. The gap between Nissan and Infiniti has widened the past few years and I think Carlos Ghosn has made a significant improvement ever since Nissan fell into his hands. Looks like the next few generations of Nissan-Inifiniti will be very promising ones.

If they can some how sell this on the basis that it's 'Made from the technology that made the R35' It will sell like.. iPhones..