Spy Shots: 2010 Nissan 370Z

Is the car situation really that different over there? Considering the low population density I would have thought that cars there are just as important as their in the US for simple getting places purposes.

The 350Z starts at $49,000 in Canada.

And even though our population is much less dense than America, people don't really seem to depend on cars over here as much as Americans, not around urban areas anyway.

But this is beside the point, it's still $50,000 over here and even if I was in America it would still be comparable to other cars which cost $50g over here.

Your 370Z correspondant chiming in:

Cool, actually real prictures.

http://img378.imageshack.**/img378/9431/nissan1lhj1.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.**/img390/2808/nissan2lhu6.jpg

Still not sure about the looks.

Looks like a 350z with different lights. Not much change there.

Does it stay true to the name and get a 3.7l V6? They are going to have to put a V8 in there next.

It's very slightly better in the real pics... I really, really hate the rear window and roofline. Barf-tastic. :puke:

I actually really dig this car. I like the window and roofline better than the 350! It looks very Porche 911, via Tokyo.

I really, really hate the rear window and roofline. Barf-tastic. :puke:
Same here. That back end just looks ... bulbous? And those lights don't do anything for me. Damnit Nissan. :shakefist:

Looks like they've really worked hard to make it look more like a Z of old and I like it. You don't see many cars with a long snout like that anymore, and the way it leads up to a squashed breadvan back end I like too, reminds me of the e-type +2.

Those front and rear lights are just weird... It's not that they don't blend in with the car, its just that they're very unusual...

Looks like a badly disfigured 350......

Well! Nobody posted it so I'm gonna do it. It seems Nismo's S-Tune edition didn't take too long to be presented:

Nissan has announced two S-Tune packages for the new 370Z that will be available directly from dealers as soon as the 370Z arrives.

The first one will be the Nismo S-Tune Aero Package, which is focused, as the name implies, on an improved aerodynamic performance. It includes a front protector, side skirts and a rear spoiler to improve airflow around the car, increasing downforce and eliminating lift. There is an extension nose piece -- a stylistic reference to the long bonnet of the old 240Z. It also comes with Nismo floor mats, which is really what you want to spend all this additional money for.

The second is the Nismo S-Tune Performance Package and this is the one that includes the treats for a more exciting ride. It comes with Nismo Stainless Exhaust to provide better response and give the engine a more rumbling soundtrack. There are Nismo LMZ5 19" wheels, new break pads and S-Tune Suspension which upgrades the springs and dampers for tighter control on those winding roads.

And yes, this one comes with the floor mats too. Pricing details still not available.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081110.020/nismo-s-tune-370z-officially-confirmed

nismo-stune-z34-001.png

nismo-stune-z34-002.png

nismo-stune-z34-003.png

I have this habit of drawing the profiles of cars when I'm bored. It's just doodling, but I have some habits that I get into like l-shaped headlights and so on.

It looks remarkably like something I'd draw. The way cutlines come off the lights, the kink in the rear window, the general shape of the lights, that's all stuff I do regularly. Not claiming that Nissan is rooting through my trash, but I'm sure I've drawn something that looks just like that.

(I can't really offer any proof of my outlandish claims though, since I do throw these things out when the amusement of drawing them has worn off).

The front end needs a redesign, the rest looks pretty good.

Like I said earlier in the thread...I don't see any big changes to the 350Z. I hope there will be something performance wise.
Although, I'm afraid they won't make it too fast so it doesn't hurt the GT-R.

I think you guys are just all crazy. I think it looks great. It doesn't look any more "bulbous" than the current model, it's lighter weight than the 350, and it has more power. I dig it. I feel sorry for y'all.

I think you guys are just all crazy. I think it looks great. It doesn't look any more "bulbous" than the current model, it's lighter weight than the 350, and it has more power. I dig it. I feel sorry for y'all.
It sounds like it would be a blast to drive and I'd consider buying one based on that merit alone. It's shorter, lighter, will probably have ~340hp and supposedly will offer a synchronized downshift rev-matching system. But damn, I just don't like the way it looks. Hopefully I'll think it looks better in person. That was the case for me with the 350Z.

Is it just me or does the back of the 370 look like a Porsche? I think the whole car is kinda meh.

I REALLY like the interior though.