Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
01-2011-jeep-compass-spy-shots.jpg

02-2011-jeep-compass-spy-shots.jpg

03-2011-jeep-compass-spy-shots.jpg

04-2011-jeep-compass-spy-shots.jpg

05-2011-jeep-compass-spy-shots.jpg

Autoblog

:cool:

Eugh. That definitely looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off.

I was hoping by the title it would be more pointy. :(
I do not like the looks of new Jeeps at all. They used to all look, well, like their logo.
JeepLogo.jpg

Does that look like that? No it could be confused with every other generic SUV on the market.

I'm not sure why they thought gluing a Grand Cherokee grille to a Compass was a good idea, but it's just as accurate to say I'm not sure why they thought a Compass was a good idea.

The stance makes it look like it has an amphibious hull. If only they were all sunk deep under the ocean. I thought they were planning on euthanizing the Compass.

Front is too wide a grin, and the rear just looks like a

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/12/08/05_kia_sportage_rear_intro.jpg

yes, thats from Korea, i though jeep was really turning a corner, this is a set back IMO

The stance makes it look like it has an amphibious hull. If only they were all sunk deep under the ocean. I thought they were planning on euthanizing the Compass.

I believe that the plan is to move the Compass to the Panda 4x4 platform.

The general design looks rather ok, if unremarkable imo, except for the ridiculous wheelarches. I mean, what the hell...?
They're made even worse because they don't fit together with the rest of the car at all.

I'm not sure why they thought gluing a Grand Cherokee grille to a Compass was a good idea, but it's just as accurate to say I'm not sure why they thought a Compass was a good idea.
I'm not sure why they thought making the Cherokee look like a japanese appliance SUV either.
The general design looks rather ok, if unremarkable imo, except for the ridiculous wheelarches. I mean, what the hell...?
They're made even worse because they don't fit together with the rest of the car at all.
I didn't even notice that. Looks like they took the boxy ones off the old designs and forgot to change them to go with the soft looking new one.

yes, thats from Korea, i though jeep was really turning a corner, this is a set back IMO

the Sportage though does not look bad for a korean car, the Jeep is just too weird

It is a fix until a new model can be designed. Right now Chrysler is doing what they can with what they have. The new models will debut in a few years.

That's unfair to cheap chinese knockoffs. Also, HOLY PANEL GAP BATMAN. Look at that hood. Wow. I could squeeze through that gap.

Actually, the new Sportage looks kinda nice

new_kia_sportage_2010.jpg

I thought they were stopping the production of FWD Jeeps?

Obviously Jeep felt like they had to compensate for the (imo) great 2011 Grand Cherokee.

I"m not a fan of the new Jeep design direction. But as long as they keep building the Wrangler the way it should be, I'll be happy.

I thought they were stopping the production of FWD Jeeps?

I doubt they'd do that, they need a front drive model to help out fuel economy wise.

I actually like the Compass' sibling, the Patriot. It looked pretty nice before, the interior redo a year ago totally transformed things inside (soft touch dash/doors/armrest) and the new exterior/mechanical refresh for this year makes it look and drive better:
JP011_023PA.jpg