Spy Shots: 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS AMG lights up its rotors at the 'Ring

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
I don't know if I particularly like the new rearlights. They looks a little too swept over for my taste. Then again, maybe they just look off because of the camo-tape and extra plastic. :dunno:

Source: Autoblog

Each day we're inching closer to the 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS' debut, so the Benz Boys are hard at work on the AMG variant of its swoopy four-door which should go on sale soon after the new C218-based CLS hits dealers early next year.

The AMG version is expected to be packing Mercedes' all-new 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8, putting out 544 horsepower and 586 pound-feet of torque in standard guise, and 571 hp and a axle-decimating 660 lb-ft of twist when kitted out in the in the optional higher-spec trim. Power will find its way to the ground through the new E-Class' seven-speed automatic, while beefed up brakes and suspension components round out the high-performance package.

These newest spy shots give us a glimpse of those biggie-sized, glowing rotors, along with an SLS-inspired fascia and LED daytime running lamps. The arching roofline doesn't appear to have changed much over the outgoing model, while the rear end gains a new set of taillamps and trapezoidal quad exhausts.

Expect the new CLS to bow at the Paris Motor Show this fall, with the AMG variant ? likely carrying the "6.3" designation ? coming along quickly thereafter.

01-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

02-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

03-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

04-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

05-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

06-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

07-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

08-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

09-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

10-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

11-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

12-2011-m-b-cls-ring-april.jpg

Last edited:
I don't even care how fast it will be. Simply because it can't be better looking that the previous model. It just can't.

mercedes-amg-cls55-0120.jpg

I don't even care how fast it will be. Simply because it can't be better looking that the previous model. It just can't.

i always thought of it as an S-class where they had an elephant sit on the front and the rear

i think the side profile looks like shit

The tail lights look a bit Japanese-y to me.

I think it looks nice already, but the grille can probably be downsized a little.

I agree with Polly, It won't be better than before IMO

I don't like it, looks as bad as any new Mercedes apart from the SLS.
Looks like they noticed that mirrors are missing just before they tested it and just glued them to the car