Ownership Verified: Srs Bsns, Volume 3

Noooo! Hope you’re okay as I imagine a BMW killing smash big enough to write it off would be quite severe.

Out of curiosity, whats the wait time for a purple Bmw nowadays?

Noooo! Hope you’re okay as I imagine a BMW killing smash big enough to write it off would be quite severe.

Out of curiosity, whats the wait time for a purple Bmw nowadays?
I'm fine, the killing aspect is cracks in the gearbox casing/mounting, apparently the exhaust system got pushed into the 'box... Quite a dear spare part 😰 the appraiser's listing of parts was about seven pages.

I'm completely fine, luckily the GTI inside the roundabout stopped when I got pushed in, else I'd have a Golf in my driver's door - less pleasant. Also nice, he told police on the spot "Z4 was stopped outside the roundabout, Peugeot came quickly from behind" :coplight: no questions about fault.

Wait time is projected to be about two months.

Glad you're okay, at least. Sorry about the interruption in Z4 time. :'(

Also: this is surprisingly short of a wait 👍

Supply and demand. The Austrian factory doesn't make other BMW models, so they can't shift over capacity... and the Z4 isn't really en vogue. When we ordered the original one in October for an April 1st delivery the dealer had to artificially delay production to avoid having the car sit in his showroom for four months - ended up being only two weeks of adding colour to a sea of monochrome BMWs, good timing.

Glad you're ok.

Also, glad they wrote the car off. A car that has had accident repair is never the same again.

The good news is that while you have to wait, you technically end up with more purple time!

The good news is that while you have to wait, you technically end up with more purple time!
That's even more true than you thought - the old car was contracted for 30 months to potentially have another winter sans cabrio, the new car will be contracted for 36 months because the timing is now bad for skipping a winter.

More purple, more better.

Hooray! Congrats.

Moving right along, at least.

So... What's the sentiment on identical replacements, new thread or revival? Asking for a friend :unsure:

It's exactly the same spec as the old one, sans rear oopsie... just one downgrade, I didn't get my fancy plate back 😭
Still says KI like the old one :dunno: