• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

SSC Aero built to challenge top speed record

Olds442

The latest high performance variant of the SC/8T made its debut at the 2005 Concorso Italiano in Monterey, CA. The car was specifically created to challenge the 250 mph barrier, and with recent top speed attempts by Koenigsegg and Bugatti, the car will have to achieve that number if it wants to hold the title of 'World's Fastest Production Car'. Following the original 2001 model and an updated 2002 model, the 2004 version features enhanced body work with improved downforce at higher speed, as well as a supercharged version of the V8 engine in the standard car. The supercharger helps the car make just over 1,000 hp, topping the Bugatti Veyron. The car is also lighter by 250 pounds due to lightweight materials. The

bodywork alone weighs under 150 lbs. The visual differences can mostly be seen in the rear of the car, which is sloped behind the cockpit and ends in a small spoiler. Using the testing in the windtunnel, the 250 mph should be achievable if a suitable track can be found. High speed test runs are planned for later this year.

SSC_AeroSC8T_03.jpg

SSC_AeroSC8T_02.jpg

Hmm..maybe that's the car they are bringing to the lakebed here to challange a land speed record :D

I can't say I like it visually..but it would be a damn nice car to have nonetheless

thats the offical car of the Ultimate Rally! the winner gets one along with the 1million. also kimble said if he can fit in the seats he will drive one in the UR

I think its pretty sexah.

This fastest production car record is really starting to heat up!!

That is pure hotness, and I'm pretty sure that it'll beat the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo's 0-60 of 2.7 seconds. Have they determined a top speed for that yet?

Love the 'Merican iron and V8's beating out the European supercars with sheer brute power. :twisted:

you guys don't realize what this was :p

the company name is Shelby Super Customs, a former diablo replica builder. They used a diablo replica body, modified it, and put in an insane engine.

its funny that no ones saw the resemblance :lol:

I don't see much Diablo, but the side seems plagarized from the Koenigsegg.
(Which is okay because the Koenigsegg rocks. And has a funny name, too!) :D

I don't care how fast it is, it looks ugly.

Looking forward to see one or more crash during UR.

the body is a fiberglass diablo body that had parts removed and others added on, so I guess their transformation was successful.

here's their last project before they started that car:

043.jpg

720hp diablo replica, saw it in person and its almost impossible to tell from the real car aside from the 300ZX headlights, and the engine bay.

AutoMX said:
the body is a fiberglass diablo body that had parts removed and others added on, so I guess their transformation was successful.

here's their last project before they started that car:

720hp diablo replica, saw it in person and its almost impossible to tell from the real car aside from the 300ZX headlights, and the engine bay.

Yes but it's still just a replica of a modern car, so :thumbsdown:

Replicas are LAME. LAME I TELL YOU LAME!!!

Anyway, back to topic, that SC/8T thing is UGLY. I hope it's fast because only a mother could love that thing. BTW, who puts focus headlights on a supercar? Honestly?

mattshaw said:
thats the offical car of the Ultimate Rally! the winner gets one along with the 1million. also kimble said if he can fit in the seats he will drive one in the UR

Cheeky :p