St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I got invited to a Pub Crawl for St. Patrick's day, in the past I have always been the designated driver or had friends who didn't drink much so St. Patrick's day was never a big deal. I am really looking forward to this, but I need some help with preparation.

Post your best pub jokes and toasts, preferably Irish. With any luck this can become the official FinalGear drinking thread.

If you have any Irish drinking songs I would love those too.

Cheers!

http://www.scrantonparadeday.com/

It's the single greatest day in life of Scranton (Yes even bigger than being the setting of The Office). I think It's the 3rd largest St. Patty's Day parade in the country. It's been going on since 1962 and normally has over 100,000 people attending. That link above isn't the "official" link it's just one of many, many Google hits.

Scranton's Parade Day.

Last edited:
There is no public transport worth speaking of where I am. I'll be at a gig that night, after that I'm finding a place to drink. I've never been on a pub crawl sadly.

I needed something green, damnit!

And yes, I think it is the first time I have used it.

You live in Scranton, PA? Like the Office? How's the local Chili's? :p

http://www.scrantonparadeday.com/

It's the single greatest day in life of Scranton (Yes even bigger than being the setting of The Office). I think It's the 3rd largest St. Patty's Day parade in the country. It's been going on since 1962 and normally has over 100,000 people attending. That link above isn't the "official" link it's just one of many, many Google hits.

Scranton's Parade Day.

It's cool man... that video of Michael Scott which he presented of his hometown to his boss in New York was great.

We have the Erin Express on St. Patty's day. Its about 15 buses that run to 20-25 different bars all over the city. I think its only $10 for the bus, plus you get some sort of "discount" at all the bars.

We have the Erin Express on St. Patty's day. Its about 15 buses that run to 20-25 different bars all over the city. I think its only $10 for the bus, plus you get some sort of "discount" at all the bars.

That's awesome! I never heard of that when I lived there.

How are the young ones here drinking under 21? Even 19 is too high.

I only mentioned it. I never said I participated.

They swipe your ID here, and if thats not good enough for them they make you present a credit card as well.

That's awesome! I never heard of that when I lived there.

I think this is the 5th year, I'm not 100% sure.

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/8146/backontopicderailedvk4.jpg

I still am waiting for toasts, jokes and pub stories to tell.

That's not a great one of those pics, is it? If it said something like "stay on track, folks" it wouldn't be as pointless. :p

Okay, back on topic.

:lol:
That's not a great one of those pics, is it? If it said something like "stay on track, folks" it wouldn't be as pointless. :p

Okay, back on topic.
Maybe it's some very obscure reference to Back to the Future? Like how Biff always got those saying wrong; the "Make like a tree and get the hell out of here" sort of thing. Well that picture messed up the saying too, plus there was a train in BTTF3. See? My theory works!

Ok, this is my last beer for tonight. I swear! :lol:

I'm drinking Root Beer...does that count for anything?

Last St. Patty's day I sang the Hofbrauhaus song.

I also wore a pin that said "FUCK off, I'm not Irish." 8)