Star Citizen

If you do that, do it before 26th November, after that, we won't be able to get you Life Time Insurance anymore.

Last edited:
Well, hello there!

#gaming on irc.finalgear.com :)

There's a few more of us on IRC who are all into this game. Adrian, loose, galantti, zedestructor and I all bought several ships each and we're getting Adrian the concierge status. What that does I have no idea. He also has a deluxe hangar, which will eventually serve as base of operations for all of us. We've also made a subreddit for our Utter Pirates guild, which is officially affiliated with the main reddit faction.

You guys need to come join us. IRC channel #gaming on irc.finalgear.com or /r/utterpirates.

Adrian got Concierge! Now we boost NightKhaos (one of my close uni friends, quickly becoming an IRC regular) to Concierge, since he's sitting at a little over $600 spent himself.

Yeah, not from me. I already have 2 more ships than I can realistically afford. :p

There's a hangar module, where you can explore your purchased ships (although not all of them as they don't have in-game models yet), and we're fawning over concept art.

Adrian got Concierge! Now we boost NightKhaos (one of my close uni friends, quickly becoming an IRC regular) to Concierge, since he's sitting at a little over $600 spent himself.

It's actually $695. I need $1000 to get Concierge, so only $305 to go!

If you are interested PM me here and I will arrange a purchase.

General procedure is

1) You pick the pack you want from here.
2) I inform you as to the Original Backers price (which is different to the New Backers price and includes Lifetime Ship Insurance rather than 6 months)
3) You decide on any extras you want (ships, skins, UEC) (prices are equivalent in these categories between NB and OBs) and then PayPal me the required amount paying the PayPal fees on your end. (In most cases this will work out less than the NB price)
4) I purchase the requested packs and ships and then gift them to your email address.

Please note that if you want to use something like a middleman, I have a float limit of $150 USD. That means if your package and ships comes out to less than that I can use a middleman, above that I will have to insist you pay me directly. If you are not comfortable with that, simply keep individual requests below this limit. It does mean getting ships like the Constellation will impossible with a middleman, however I have to eat, pay board, etc, and floating more than $150 will make this difficult. I may revise this limit in future when I get more savings.

Oh, even through I think this won't increase my pledge limit, I will also do package updates free of charge. This means if you say brought a NB Rear Admiral Package you can gift to me and I will melt it and give you an OB Rear Admiral Package + $25 worth of pledge items back (in this example, it all depends on how much "extra" the NB pledge is worth). This is unfortunately a 24 hour wait before I can melt a package, so please be aware of this. You will just have to trust me to take care of your package for a day, and if it's a ship I don't own, I reverse the right to look at in the hanger.

I look forward to seeing you in #gaming and on Reddit. :)

Last edited:
so have you found out what concierge status gets you? ... and how do you even get there?
i'm at ~100$ spent, and that's all the way i want to go, because money... also i WANT to spend more money on this :p

You will be part of a select group where your questions, requests and needs will be answered by a personal Concierge staff member. You will receive a heads up and exclusive access to events as well as inside info from the development team. A 1-on-1 service to fulfill your pledges and to take all of your requests.
We've spent over $1000 through Adrian now, so he has that status. Now we'll be able to pester the devs with inane questions more efficiently.

Huh, I didn't know that elements of the game were rolling out. I may have to plunk down some $ and join your band of Utter Pirates, I loved the heck out of Freelancer.

I did some research and the ship flying model will be completely different from Freelancer. Completely inertia based with 6 axes of motion and flight assist (that pesky computer program that makes you fly in the direction you're facing) as a toggle. If anyone's played Independence War 2, they should feel right at home.

Haven't played IW2, but it sounds like something I could figure out. I remember hating Freelancer's mouse-steer control style when I first started playing it.

Huh, I didn't know that elements of the game were rolling out. I may have to plunk down some $ and join your band of Utter Pirates, I loved the heck out of Freelancer.

pm me, maybe we could work something out ;)

Ice, were you referring to BerserkerCat here? Has he already got a package? If he hasn't I'd prefer to handle it so I can get closer to Concierge Status.