Star Citizen

Same here, I've only got an Aurora (well, recently upgraded to the LN :p ), and I know buying ships is a way to fund the game right now, but I feel like I can already see the shitstorm coming. I mean it makes a lot of sense to make all ships available to everyone so everything can be properly tested but I feel like a lot of people already see it as some sort of entitlement. Also I hope it doesn't just turn into everyone fighting each other with the best ship, like Super Hornets everywhere or something. I know the combat is going to be skill based and most ships will be pretty well balanced but there is bound to be one that is best all around.

Anyway, just my thoughts, I'm really excited to get out and fly in a couple months! I really hope we will be able to crew big ships, man turrets and such.

You are referring to this I take it, TerranCmdr.
Dogfight_zps1cefa29d.jpg

Tbh, once the game goes live you can setup your own server and fly every ship anyway. Thos who get mad just have to deal with it. It's really no biggie.
Also, there won't be any 'best' ships. They will be tuned to a rock-paper-scissor type play

Last edited:
Yup, I'm not that worried about it, just not looking forward to wading through the shitstorm. ;)

Although blowing whiners up with my Aurora might make it better. :)

Well, here it is. Badly done green screen and all. I need more lights.

[video=youtube;5hfj2f-nZjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfj2f-nZjU[/video]

sooo with hangar patch 10 i now have a lovely lovely cutlass in my... erm... deluxe hangar? i cba digging through the RSI forums, but i don't think i payed for that :D sadly, i can't fiddle with weapons and equipment of my cutlass.... since it doesn't have any o_O or am i simply too dumb to find the apprpriate holotable? anyhoo, very happy so far, but my inner OCD is annoyed at the off-center placement of pilot seats.

The pilot seat is supposed to center itself once everyone has taken their seat.
As for the guns, guess they are not in yet.

What hangar you get depends on the amount of ships and the size of ships you have bought. But it is weird that you got the deluxe hangar since it's the business hangar that's the temp hangar for the Cutlass

I have the deluxe hangar now, it seems that it is a temporary upgrade while the Asteroid hangar is sorted.

I really like the Cutlass, I am glad I chose that :D

I only have to wait for my M50 to be added to the game and my Hangar is full!!!

But... why only post newsletters when there's a whole podcast going on now? :O

Episode 2 is rendering (for the 3rd time) now. Hopefully I've sourced the issue that just makes the whole thing stop rendering. Premiere is still responsive, I can cancel, fiddle about with other stuff, but rendering just stops at 51%. At that point there's a clip that might be too far embedded in a line of sequences, so I've rendered that separately and replaced it in the project. <_<

I'm thinking of putting a little bit into this game; possibly buying a 300i or an Avenger based solely on aesthetics. I've spoken to cdbob a little about it, but were there any recommendations/things I should know before I start putting money into it?

I've also subscribed to the UPTEC subreddit, but seeing as it's all very new to me, most of it is still pretty confusing.

Last edited:
The main thing you should know is that any ship you can pledge for can be earned in game. You can always buy the cheapest package with Alpha access (Mercenary) and work towards an Avenger or 300i in game.

If you are planning on pledging higher than the basic, going by aesthetics is good, as there aren't really any concrete numbers when it comes to ship A vs ship B. I personally find it kind of silly seeing people give each other advice on Reddit as to which ship would be a better investment. At this point in the development process, pick what looks cool to you. ;)

I mentioned Alpha access above, and this can be kind of important. If you want to view your hangar now, and play the Dogfighting Alpha when it's released (hopefully sometime March-ish), you must buy a package that includes Alpha access. There are game packages that include just the base game, but those are mostly the lower tier Aurora packages.

Okay, one more little point. If you pledge a ship, and you don't like it, you can "melt" it down for store credits and buy a different one, providing you have sufficient funds. Some ships also have upgrades that can be bought and applied, and will be visible in hangar. I'll just use myself as an example here:

I bought the Mercenary package, which comes with a base Aurora and Alpha/Beta access. I bought that package because it's the cheapest one that comes with Alpha access. ;)
A little later, they released the Aurora LN, which you could buy as a package, as a separate ship, or as an upgrade. I spent the $10 extra and got the upgrade, which, when applied, changed my ship's engines, added guns, changed the paint scheme, and added a snazzy leather chair among other things.

Hope this helps, and sorry if I covered anything you already knew! Let us know what you end up with! That Avenger sure is sexy...