Star in a Car, yea or nay?

Star in a Car, yea or nay?

• Total voters

Capacious Boot

Car(s)
'03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
I am interested to hear the opinions on this segment of the show. I personally almost never watch them, as I find them really boring.

In fact, if I had more spare time I would like to edit the segment out of all my rips, so as to save space and eliminate the need for skipping past them.

Thoughts?

I rarely watch them, half the time because I don't know who the person is. I've enjoyed the two so far this season though.

I used to skip right through them, but one day I started watching them and realized that they were quite entertaining. So, now, I watch them all.

I think they should force James May to do the segment once... on short notice... just for fun.

I really like some of the interviews. Gambon's more recent one was really funny.

I used to skip right through them, but one day I started watching them and realized that they were quite entertaining. So, now, I watch them all.
Exactly the same here. And occasional guests I haven't known of but it can still be entertaining.

When I re-watch TG eps, I do tend to skip that bit though...

95% of the time I have no clue who the person is. I've tried watching it with these strangers on, but it just doesn't hold my interest. The segment really doesn't fit in with the rest of the show and it takes up time that could be spent on cars and such. A lot of the interviews seem to really drag on too.

This poll isnt right, you need one above Most Of The Time. It needs an All Of The Time one.

They plugged Grant's new film. I sense the beginning of TG's transition unless the BBC had some special agreement.

Sometimes the segment is good but I'm only really interested when they have F1 drivers. I'd like them to have it less often but not eliminate it entirely.

Depends on the star who comes. If its some random brit that I've never heard of I usually skip it.

Can't vote - there's no 'All of the time' option. I really enjoy the segment - quite often I've no idea who the star is, but I still find it entertaining.

This poll isnt right, you need one above Most Of The Time. It needs an All Of The Time one.

Agreed, I watch it all the time too. Might as well learn about new people out in the world. What if you would have said "well why watch Top Gear? I don't know who does guys are?" You would have been SOL hehe.

I can understand the overseas members not understanding who the "star" is mostly but it can be funny none the less. Come on now we have had at least two wheels come of the Liana that was scary for the star and funny to watch. Some of the interviews were very funny - you know who you are Michael Gambon/Jimmy Carr/Alan Davis.

Depends on the star who comes. If its some random brit that I've never heard of I usually skip it.

Fair point but the show IS made for a British audience so it will be people well known in Britain that will feature on the show to be honest.

As for someone else saying they could be spending the time on cars - this is a magazine show that features cars, the interviews give it something extra - it's also probably what got them the go ahead for the re-commission when it first came back.

Yes it has a following around the world but as the show is funded by the licence fee they have a requirement to make it with Britain in mind.

They plugged Grant's new film. I sense the beginning of TG's transition unless the BBC had some special agreement.

Sometimes the segment is good but I'm only really interested when they have F1 drivers. I'd like them to have it less often but not eliminate it entirely.

I reckon they had to plug his film as a sweetener to get him on the show. <_<
The changing face of the BBC.

I love S.I.R.P.C cos half the time I dont know who the person is, but at the end of it, I love them.

Michael Gambon for instance. Didnt know who he was, now I think he's brilliant!!

They plugged Christian Slater's film too

I obviously understand the reason for the poll, especially as it comes from someone abroad, but its made for a British public so the views of people who don't know the celeb and live abroad are fairly worthless tbh.