Star In Rallycross Car AXED From Top Gear

Not that I was ever a fan of the star/interview thing - usually skipped it - but I'm pretty sure most TGUK fans wondered why they messed up by adding mud, jumps and a SIA-not-RPC to a perfectly adequate track that held some fun moments and significant lap times.

The overwhelmingly negative comments under that Daily Mail article aren't very encouraging for the next series.

Not that I was ever a fan of the star/interview thing - usually skipped it - but I'm pretty sure most TGUK fans wondered why they messed up by adding mud, jumps and a SIA-not-RPC to a perfectly adequate track that held some fun moments and significant lap times.

The overwhelmingly negative comments under that Daily Mail article aren't very encouraging for the next series.
Its the daily mail, they're not exactly a shining beacon of journalism besides , they've been wiritng shit like this about top gear for years so why would they stop now?

Thank God. Not only was the "rallycross" completely stupid, the whole "star" segment was one-third of the show, and just miserable, awful, embarrassing, and I just turned the sound down and did chores or ANYTHING but watch that wretched garbage. Anything they could do to completely junk what they did last year will be an improvement that might actually keep me watching the next Top Gear series.

at least the top gear test track gets a better time now.
no more dirt all across it.

who knows what they will get rid of next. maybe those stupid annoying cars?
to be honest, those dirty global warming producing baby seal killers need to get rid of as soon as possible. just think of all those environMENTALists who hate cars.
if you want to expand the viewership of TG, just invite all those Eco freaks to watch a show, who is hating cars.
BBC HQ will be enjoying the new direction and everybody is happy.

Yes, that was sarcasm.
But seriously, it is good, that they axed the most annoying part of the show.

Daily Mail also says they fired joke writer Danny Baker.

Danny Baker is a package deal with Chris Evans. He was never going to stay when Chris went.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank God. Not only was the "rallycross" completely stupid, the whole "star" segment was one-third of the show, and just miserable, awful, embarrassing, and I just turned the sound down and did chores or ANYTHING but watch that wretched garbage. Anything they could do to completely junk what they did last year will be an improvement that might actually keep me watching the next Top Gear series.

The rallycross idea was good, the whole star segment was absolutely not good.