Star Trek: The General Discussion

At 0:44, are those coffins or stasis/cryogenic chambers?

Seeing the Enterprise head to head with that huge, aggressive looking ship commanded by a renegade reminds me of Star Trek Nemesis..... and I really didn't like Star Trek Nemesis.

I believe those are cryogenic chambers - at a guess, probably housing more Augments.

At 0:44, are those coffins or stasis/cryogenic chambers?

Seeing the Enterprise head to head with that huge, aggressive looking ship commanded by a renegade reminds me of Star Trek Nemesis..... and I really didn't like Star Trek Nemesis.

And the previous movie.

The London Premiere for Star Trek Into Darkness is next week and my boss has been looking for members of our local cinema to go to it and work the event. Right away i put my name down for it. Basically I would just be showing people to their seats and then get to watch the film myself (while being paid at the same time).
It will take every bit of resistance I have not to call Benedict, Sherlock.

Home from attending the world premiere of Star Trek Into Darkness. Met the cast (Shook hands with Simon Pegg and Benedict Cumberbatch, chatted with Karl Utban and got to say hello to the cast).

The film is every bit of awesome as the first, probably better. I would recommend avoiding the spoiler tag until you've seen the film.

Harrison is indeed Khan and the crowd roared with applause when the reveal was made. The scene of the Enterprise falling to Earth is amazing and the script progresses along well. Never felt bored or tired with. I was able to predict the part of Kirks survival right from the moment he walked into engineering.

Just booked a spot at the local english cinema. Next thursday (9th) I am going to watch it. Intentionally 2D, can't really enjoy 3D-stuff with glasses over glasses, and was never a real fan of this 3D-stuff anyway. Still, looking forward to it a lot! :D

Masks/helmets? <_<

Yeah, look at the DVD extras for the first Star Trek movie, they had a whole scene depicting Eric Bana in the Klingon prison that had actors playing klingons, but their features were obscured w helmets. This entire scene was cut out in the theatrical release. YouTube it.

Yeah, look at the DVD extras for the first Star Trek movie, they had a whole scene depicting Eric Bana in the Klingon prison that had actors playing klingons, but their features were obscured w helmets. This entire scene was cut out in the theatrical release. YouTube it.

Yup, in the removed scene. one of the Klingons was played by Alias' Victor Gerber.

Saw the first of the new Star Trek movies with my family last night on DVD and we loved it. Remember seeing a lot of Star Trek as a kid but honestly I can't recall any of it. Still, excited for Into the Darkness, IMAX here I come!

Saw the first of the new Star Trek movies with my family last night on DVD and we loved it. Remember seeing a lot of Star Trek as a kid but honestly I can't recall any of it. Still, excited for Into the Darkness, IMAX here I come!

It's so worth watching in IMAX!

I've got my ticket to see it tomorrow. :D

In 2D of course.

Same here as I said.. can't wait to see it! I just hope it has somewhat less lens flare :D

On the topic of the last movie, here is the latest "Honest Trailer" for that, really fun to watch :D.

[video=youtube;OTfBH-XFdSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfBH-XFdSc[/video]

Same here as I said.. can't wait to see it! I just hope it has somewhat less lens flare :D

Early reviews say JJ throws in his usual levels of lens flare in this one. Probably the only good reason those 3D glasses are dark.