Star Trek: The General Discussion

Is it available in some, legal or not-so-legal way in non-netflix countries? Did not find it on TPB.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I'm in the US, so it's not very easy for me, but I HAVE met all of the captains! Just at different times, different conventions, etc. But I bet they'll be fantastic together! They've all been awesome when I met them... Shatner a bit less so than the others, though, I must say. Kind of a diva :p

Just for the lols, I want to see the eight living Doctors make an impromptu appearance.

I actually just rewatched Wrath of Khan this afternoon, after watching The Motion picture last night. First, let me say the jump in quality was amazing. Second, I'm at least interested to see how this turns out. Can't really say anything else until I see it. It would be nice if they could setup a recurring semi-bad guy Klingon character to carry forward to any future movies. I could see Kirk teaming up with a Klingon who says "You say we are so bad, but Khan is of your own people."

I hope this movie stays away from Earth other than a few framing sequences at Starfleet Command.

Also, I now remember how amazing the Constitution class is. It looks like it should either be fast, or snap its kneck off. I find it far better proportioned than the Galaxy (although I am partial to the Soverign as well).

Last edited:
Oh stop it and trying to avoid my point.

I don't know how they plan to use the character, but I do know that they are using him for the second movie in this new series, just like he was in the second film of the original series. Why couldn't they come up with something new?

Also, I now remember how amazing the Constitution class is. It looks like it should either be fast, or snap its kneck off. I find it far better proportioned than the Galaxy (although I am partial to the Soverign as well).
The Sovereign and Akira classes are my favourite. I just wish we had more chances to get a good look at USS Thunderchild is Star Trek: First Contact.

the Constitution refit is tied for first with Excelsior(sp) as my favorite ships. I just love their lines. plus im rather fond of Star Trek VI.

The Miranda class isnt that bad either although by the dominion war they get blown up constantly.

I never really liked the Galaxy though, just too bulby for me. too much cruise ship, yeah i know long voyages and families blah blah but it just isnt sleek enough for me.

VI is one of my favourites also. I like the way the scriptwriters and production designers used terminology and design aesthetics from Nazis and the Soviet Union to instil a prejudice against Klingons in the audience before bringing home the anti-prejudice message of peace at the end.

That, and Christopher Plummer calling out Shakespearian quotes while taking pot shots at the Enterprise is just awesome. :blush:

I too think the Galaxy class design isn't all that great and the Sovereign class is a much sleeker design built for war, compared to the ol' Enterprise D.

What do ppl think of the distant future Enterprise J design?

untitled1b1.jpg

like someone took the cgi model of the NX-01 and stretched it. looks rather silly to me

You have to wonder if Starfleet engineers would ever start doing "retro" designed starships like a lot of automakers are doing.