Stars and Bars

Lincoln blatantly disregarded the Supreme Court's decision that only Congress, not the President, can suspend habeas corpus. Lincoln, often regarded as one of our greatest Presidents, also established what was essentially martial law throughout all this. This just shows that he was far from the righteous saint that he is often made out to be.

Umm, he freed 3 million fucking people from slavery dude. How is that not saint like? Oh that's right, you don't view blacks as people.

The infamous emancipation proclamation excluded several slave-owning locales, including the northern slave states, such as Maryland.
All of the northern states had already signed bills to abolish slavery immediately or over a period of time. They also weren't seceding or rebelling so there was no need. And congress passed it 30 days later anyways when they were in session.

Very interesting Wiki article: Modern display of the Confederate flag. Lots of history discussed.
The fact that this flag is starting to become popular just means that the general American public is completely out of touch. Much like yourself.

Oh that's right, you don't view blacks as people.
Wow. That is easily the stupidest, most outrageous thing anyone has ever said to me. Maybe if you visited this part of the forum more often you'd know how far from the truth that idiotic statement is. The only reason that didn't earn you a spot on my ignore list is because elsewhere on the site I actually enjoy your posts... because of how hilariously dumb they are.

I can't believe we're still talking about Abraham Lincoln in this thread. Oh my god, someone revered as a hero now was actually complicated and imperfect. While we're at it, FDR had his cuntish moments, so did JFK, so did just about everyone revered by the American left, or for that matter anyone revered by an ideological group. What really matters today is that the trend he started, however it was driven by realpolitik and political opportunism, can be accurately pinned down as a major step to modern attitudes about opposing slavery etc, while state's rights has increasingly become a shield for backward states to hide behind as an excuse to perpetuate obsolete systems. "He's got his bad moments" is a poor excuse to flip someone from hero to villain; sure, everyone and everything is complicated, so let's knock down all the statues.

Someone on the local XJ Facebook group just painted it over the entire lower section of his liftgate...A for execution (the paint job itself actually looks good) but F for taste IMO.

To each their own I guess.

Last edited:
And I came in here thinking this was going to be like Comedians in Cars getting Coffee only with Charlie Sheen and his ilk involved.

I think it is more about the South being a lot slower in changing its attitude to African Americans than the North. And by that I mean the official attitude since racism is widely prevalent even in the U.S. today by all accounts but I shan't say further as I don't live there and am not really qualified to comment.
I came into this thread ready to post about Alice Cooper going to the Crow Bar on Manette Street in Soho when he comes to town...