State of Affairs at Ferrari : not good

If Kimi replaces Massa then Ferrari have a solid championship team but would Alonso allow a team member who could challenge his championship chances in 2014 hmmm.

If Kimi replaces Massa then Ferrari have a solid championship team but would Alonso allow a team member who could challenge his championship chances in 2014 hmmm.

They can always do a 2007/2008, where it was relatively open till Raikkonen/Massa became the title contender.

The Kimi to Ferrari info was reported by Sky and German broadcaster RTL, too, so I think that's going to happen. If Alonso's body language was anything to go by, he won't be wearing red next year. There's only so much BS Ferrari are putting up with - just ask Alain Prost, he'll tell you.

Alonso leaving Ferrari?? lmao, where is he gonna go?? Back to Renault to lick his wound?

Eddie Jordan was saying that he thinks its relatively likely that Alonso might take a sabbatical similar to Raikonnen's. Its not exactly sunshine and lollipops between him and the management with lots of public outbursts on team radio with him being critical of the team, and Montezemolo making comments like "no driver is bigger then team Ferrari".

I think it would be rather interesting seeing a complete wipe of the driver roster there and have it be Kimi and Hulkenburg (or Di Resta). That said, I think its likely that we'll see no driver change and Alonso and Massa will still be there next year. If that happens, it might be more dignified if Massa bowed out (i.e. retire) rather then being let go. He implied that he would seek another seat at another team if they let him go during a BBC interview, but I don't know how teams would really be interested (or at least the ones he would want to be a part of).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with all this stuff.

If there are any changes in the Ferrari lineup, and if after those changes, Massa is still a driver, I am quitting.

As interesting and exciting as the idea of Kimi and Alonso being at Ferrari for 2014 is I don't really want to see Massa leave Ferrari, not unless Ferrari lets Kimi and Alonso have at it and not tell Kimi to step aside so that Alonso can win his championship.

Honestly, I think Kimi would be the first person to agree with you on that one. I don't think he would ever go to a team where he would be required to be a #2 driver. When he returned, he said he would only want to come back to a team that could fight for wins, and those aren't words of someone willing to act as a support driver. If he had been willing to do that, I doubt he would have ever left Ferrari and they would have pushed Massa out instead (if you'll remember, he was still recovering from his "spring to head" incident during that time).

I still think that Alonso has lost much of the pull he had when he first came there, so the possibility of both drivers being equal might be a possibility now when it might not have been a year or two ago. I'll definitely be interested to see what happens. Depending on the outcome, this could trigger all kinds of driver changes down the ranks.

What if they bring Kimi for Alonso, but keep Massa for another year? This way they still have the subservient 2nd driver, but he still has experience with the Horse. Then 2015 drop Massa for Hulk.

He might not be available in 2015, assuming Sergey Sirotkin replaces Nico H?lkenberg at Sauber (no way Sauber is gonna give up the Telmex money Esteban Guti?rrez brings. I would guess Nico will try for Kimi's seat at Lotus or get back to Force India.

Alonso leaving Ferrari?? lmao, where is he gonna go?? Back to Renault to lick his wound?

Lotus would have an open seat. :p

Eddie Jordan was saying that he thinks its relatively likely that Alonso might take a sabbatical similar to Raikonnen's.

When Ferrari bought out Kimi's contract to get Alonso, they only had to buy one year. Alonso's contract with the Scuderia is for three years and it's said to be worth north of $20 million USD a year.

Would Ferrari be willing to spend that to get Kimi back? Would they even be willing to spend $20 million to subsidize what Lotus could pay him?

Let us not forget Kimi somewhat backed into his WDC...

Last edited:
Welp....its official....Massa won't be a Ferrari driver after this year...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/9/14970.html

He says he still wants to race in F1 next year though, so we'll see if he gets his wish somewhere that might actually be competitive(not saying Ferrari isn't competitive, I'm saying he might only find a seat at a place like Caterham or one of the lower teams). Alonso has also said he won't choose to leave or do a sabbatical, so that seat seems relatively solid too.

It seems inevitable that the second Ferrari seat will go to Kimi, but there have been surprises before as well. Seems like Hulkenburg either knows he'll have the Ferrari seat or the Lotus seat since he is presumably leaving Sauber so that other rookie dude can come in.

Last edited:
As a Ferrari fan, I'm really happy about this. Kimi is my favorite driver. But, we also know Ferrari is all about one thing, Ferrari. That's what kind of worries me. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be another Red Bull/Webber situation. While Alonso and Kimi are great friends off the track, I can't help but to wonder how Ferrari will treat the team.

Since when has R?ikk?nen been a good friend to Alonso?
Looking at how they behave after races(ones they both end up on the podium) would indicate they're not that close. Compare that to how he behaves with Vettel who he is known to be a friend of.

I cheer for R?ikk?nen... but I'm not a fan of Ferrari.

...H?kkinen FTW! :D

Last edited:
Hey, just going by what I've heard more than once. That also wasn't the focal point of my comment.

KIMIIIII :D

I called it, I so fucking called it. He's back home, now it's time to steamroll over the whole paddock in 2014 and win both championships. No excuses.

a8W8d86_700b.jpg

If that ever happens to Kimi hahaha... I think there's some sort of grudging respect between these 2 though.