State of the Forum vs Telegram

Wonder how people cope with being ony many different telegram groups at the same time? - I cannot even keep up with one.
I miss days at a time so the answer is I just ignore what I've missed. I prefer using the Telegram desktop app too.

Wonder how people cope with being ony many different telegram groups at the same time? - I cannot even keep up with one.
it’s overall difficult. Both with feeling like I need to read every message that’s posted and hoping somebody posts something interesting and not another BMW grills are awful rants. :)

Basically we just ignore the bunches of comments until there is either something directed individually at us, or until we are around and partaking in the conversation.

^ Yeah, that's how I use it. I only check in 2 or 3 times a day, I just jump over the 200-300 posts right to the end, and then I read the last 10 or so.

I typically have to read... Every. Single. Message.

I sometimes read in diagonal, when a bunch of messages are about a topic I don't really care about.

It's also the same on the forum. I need to read every single new post, even in threads that actually annoy me.

Right now there are 1743 unread messages on Telegram according to the badge on my phone.

EDIT: Plus 6 that arrived while typing this response.

Last edited:
Right now there are 1743 unread messages on Telegram according to the badge on my phone.

EDIT: Plus 6 that arrived while typing this response.
The desktop app has the handy right click > mark as read that I use on #RaceGear because F1 bores me to death. :LOL:

I have 7000 unread personal emails though so don't assume I keep everything neat and tidy.

I have the desktop app, I just never remember to log in because my phone is with me.

I only have 294 unread emails across various personal and work accounts. 2 youtube notifications, 6 on Swarm, 8 in Reddit, 1 on Twitter, 9 unread text messages, 79 Discord notifications, 12 on Signal, and 79 notifications on podcasts.

The desktop app has the handy right click > mark as read that I use on #RaceGear because F1 bores me to death. :LOL:

I have 7000 unread personal emails though so don't assume I keep everything neat and tidy.
Over 8000 for me.

View attachment 3562470

I can't take the little bubble with numbers, so I'm always clearing out messages, emails, etc.
Outlook doesn't show it for me so that's why the emails get ignored. I've just learnt to ignore it on my phone. :ROFLMAO:

I like to get rid of it for the Telegram app though.

Outlook doesn't show it for me so that's why the emails get ignored. I've just learnt to ignore it on my phone. :ROFLMAO:

I like to get rid of it for the Telegram app though.
I have the badge icon hide telegram posts, doesn't stop from incessently checking it multiple times a day.

After 5PM in my timezone:

1631126739792.png

Not drunk, just... timezones... :(

Not drunk, just... timezones... :(
You sure you're not drunk at 5PM? :p
I didn't even know we had a Telegram.
ONE OF US.

You get to use Telegram a lot more once you take part in a roadtrip, as lip mentions in the roadtrip photo thread. That means you need to join the Rudetrip if/when it happens.

ONE OF US.

You get to use Telegram a lot more once you take part in a roadtrip, as lip mentions in the roadtrip photo thread. That means you need to join the Rudetrip if/when it happens.
I'll have you know I did one whole day of Scotland (2017?).

But yes, point taken.

ONE OF US.

Yes, I'm sure.

We need @captain_70s and even maybe that Scottish women @Shirahime who used to visit here as well.

But yes, point taken.
I don't remember that, absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was taking a yellow taxi back home from Towcester services. It was 2016, I remember the rest of it well. :LOL:

The frequency of posts in this thread approaches the same insane levels, only scaled down to webforum. :p

But yes, point taken.
one of us, one of us
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.15.00 PM.png

(teathe tbungafloed has definitely appeared on a Ringbeer menu)