Status issues

jackbauer24

I've downloaded almost all Top Gear episodes from this site (thank you guys so much!), and they're all watchable and seem perfectly fine. However, the status on almost all of them is either "Paused 100.0%" or "Error: Invalid seeding st (can't see the rest of the word). Only one episode shows that it's seeding. Like I say, they're all watchable so I guess it's not a huge deal, but I'd like to be able to share if I can. Once they're downloaded, am I supposed to do something else to make them seedable (or whatever the word would be)?:? I'm relatively new at this sort of thing. Any advice (preferably on a pre-school level, think Downloading for Stupid Idiot Dummies) would be appreciated. Thanks.

What torrent client are you using? Can you hit stop and start -- does that fix it?

I use utorrent, is that the client? I right-clicked on one of the downloads and hit start, it moved the file (or whatever it's called) to the top of the list and it now shows the status as seeding. So I guess I do that for each one? And when I download more, once it shows it's finished, I need to right-click and hit start? Sorry for being rather dense about these things. Thanks for your patience and advice!

I use utorrent, is that the client? I right-clicked on one of the downloads and hit start, it moved the file (or whatever it's called) to the top of the list and it now shows the status as seeding. So I guess I do that for each one? And when I download more, once it shows it's finished, I need to right-click and hit start? Sorry for being rather dense about these things. Thanks for your patience and advice!

Yes, uTorrent is the BitTorrent client you're using. There's quite a few out there and they each work slightly differently so I wanted to know before trying to help you debug.

You shouldn't have to do anything special. It should download, complete, and then seed (upload to others until you stop it) all on its own. Maybe check your settings, especially the queue section, to make sure you don't have it set to stop seeding as soon as it's done downloading or something.

Regardless, as long as it downloads and finishes, then I wouldn't worry about it. While it's the the kind thing to seed so that other people can download it faster, one person not seeding won't be the end of the world.

Thanks so much for your help. I'll check the settings and see if that may be the problem.