Steam connection issue

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
Hello, my i'm win7 user with steam, F-secure Tech. Prev. 2009, Hamachi and for past week my steam could connect to its servers and i was able to play internet.

But today my lan didn't worked when opened the pc, and i got it working by rebooting router + pc. But now steam don't have acces to internet (all other programs work :p ), i think its using hamachi to connect to internet and not the default lan.

Now i need my steam to notice the "normal" not Hamachi lan-connection to internet, as unisntalling Hamachi would meen that i'll lose my admin privilages to my network.

How i configure steam to use my lan and not hamachi?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with how Hamachi works at all so forgive me if I'm completely wrong with this but:

Does Hamachi route traffic over a VPN on an per-application basis? if so perhaps for some reason it's set up to work with Steam. Is there some sort of configuration, or list of applications that it is set up to work with?

edit: going to download Hamachi now and see if I can better help you out after using it

I've played about and to be honest I'm still none the wiser :lol: however I think a simple solution would be to just disable hamachi whenever you want to use Steam?

I'm not familiar with how Hamachi works at all so forgive me if I'm completely wrong with this but:

Does Hamachi route traffic over a VPN on an per-application basis? if so perhaps for some reason it's set up to work with Steam. Is there some sort of configuration, or list of applications that it is set up to work with?

edit: going to download Hamachi now and see if I can better help you out after using it

Well hamachi is p2p vpn that creates "vpn"-connections between 2 or max 16 pc's in a free network. its like normal lan but addresses in a 5.x.x.x addressbase.

With hamachi you can use windows remote desktop like in normal lan, share printer and do filesharing, but over the internet.

So between my laptop in school and pc @ home the connection isn't available.

I've played about and to be honest I'm still none the wiser :lol: however I think a simple solution would be to just disable hamachi whenever you want to use Steam?

That doesn't work :( and i'm trying to get my my.hamachi.cc passwords so i can delete my network (as it is left there) as logmein has updated their site to hamachi users.

then i'll uninstall the hamachi and keep it at my home pc for family use.

Thanks for the help :) still going to do reboot and try later.

Yeah sorry, hope you get it sorted out - not a complete loss, I learned what Hamachi is for :)

Yeah sorry, hope you get it sorted out - not a complete loss, I learned what Hamachi is for :)

learn (atleast) 1 new thing everyday, it keeps you updated better than M$Update :D

Update for worst :(

it seems a good ammout of bad karma has landed to my pc.
- Steam now doesn't know i have games or an account :(
- Did reinstall steam, complaining about some dll missing :'(
- Modzilla thunderbird has connection issues to the mail-server of my isp-mail.
- now it has also wiped my newer and old messages away.
- And everytime it does "check for new mail" it and my firefox freezes :(

help would be awsome (where the mail is hidden).

Another update:

- Steam borked really bad, used win7 "Previous version" thinggy to get it back to 5.9.2009 state.
- did check the F-secure, and it had changed it's firewall settings for steam to "DON'T ALLOWE TO CONNECT!!!1111", was like O_O :eek: and changed it back to allowe.
- Now steam works :p
- Uninstalled thunderbird, use my server as a mail program :D