Steam giving away free games to Nvidia owners

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
Steam is giving away the following free games to Nvidia owners:

~ Potral : First Slice
~ Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
~ Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
~ Peggle Extreme

You may already have them, but perhaps you know someone who could benefit from this?

Here's all you need to do:

1. : Go to : http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/#
2. : Click on Get it Now!
3. : Follow the Instructions.

Enjoy :D

Nice. Will do, if only for that Peggle thing. Never heard about it, but free is free, and Steam already is on the new install...

Nice find, is that the full portal game or just a preview type thing?

Says just the first 11 levels. So the later, more advanced ones and the good part of the game not. :p

Nice find!
Getting it just to try Half Life 2 Deathmatch

Nothing better than shooting a toilet into the back of your enemy.

That is an extreme example of specificationalism. :shakefist:

/Is an ATI owner.
//Needed an excuse to try out the shakefist emoticon.

Last edited:
That is an extreme example of specificationalism. :shakefist:

/Is an ATI owner.
//Needed an excuse to try out the shakefist emoticon.

They had something similar for ATI users last year. I think the offer only included 1 game at that time though (HL2 DM)

Peggle Extreme is great, it made me buy the full version.

If Portal First Slice is the first 11 levels of Portal, then that's good too.

Frankly, free is awesome.

I'd get it (have Nvidia), but I already have the Orange Box and Peggle.

Peggle Extreme is great, it made me buy the full version.

Same here.

Although not having the end of Portal is kinda ghey, but maybe it'll convince people to actually buy it.

I'm pretty sure this applies to all Nvidia stuff too. My motherboard has an nvidia chipset and I got all of those games free when I built my computer 4 a few months ago.

Free games over working drivers? No thanks. :p

ATI has a long reputation for crappy drivers. I know they have gotten better, but the reputation remains. Just ask Viper :)

Last edited:
ATI has a long reputation for crappy drivers. I know they have gotten better, but the reputation remains. Just ask Viper :)
Indeed.

And I disagree they've gotten better. My sister was on a 9800 Pro until a few months ago and the drivers were still horrible. Games would render so wrong, crashing, etc.

Just fine now with my old 6800 Pro.

All three of my ATI cards have been fine, both hardware and drivers. People who have problems with drivers, usually don't install them properly or bollock up the settings.

ATI drivers do have a few little quirks to work properly, but I like that. It gives me something to feel good about conquering. :p

People who have problems with drivers, usually don't install them properly or bollock up the settings.

I did it for her and I know what I'm doing. :)

That's quite odd, then. As long as you uninstall the old drivers completely before installing them again, it should go smoothly.

I hate that about windows, I like the UNIX approach to drivers much better. Detect at start-up, it nothing is there don't load the driver. The whole uninstall BS of Windows is annoying.