Steam giving away free games to Nvidia owners

Free games over working drivers? No thanks. :p

where did you get that from?

Ive been a faithful ATi fan since the Radeon 7500 came out, and still to this day.. but god their drivers is full of crap. Better than before, but still no where near nVIDIA level, they update their drivers way too slow.

nVIDIA is much better at making drivers, although I dont like the overheating problem and they are not as good as ATi when it comes to decoding movies.

So I just buy both : p ATi for me, and nVIDIA for my sister, as soon as a good 9 series card comes out, Ill replace my 3850 with that.

Damn them giving me these free games, forcing me to buy the Orange Box.
Also helped me sort out my video card problems. Underclocking it by 50mhz has stopped it freezing like it used to on certain games.

Portal always freezes on the loading screen after the 10th testchamber. The game runs perfectly smoothly and loads fine up to this point but I can't get beyond this load screen. Anyone have any ideas why?

Damn, i thought if you already had the games it would give you a Gift Card, well.. No free games for you!

Portal always freezes on the loading screen after the 10th testchamber. The game runs perfectly smoothly and loads fine up to this point but I can't get beyond this load screen. Anyone have any ideas why?

I re-installed it and it's all good now.