• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

step by step through the nordschleife

bahnstormer

^ your next post is the 1000th :p
and that course looks so easy man :p hehe
good stuff, thanks

Interesting that. Quite cool to compare his lines with mine. Quite funny how it says "Don't brake till after crest" and that kind of thing, cause I've come to the same conclusion :p I really have to drive it myself soon. I went there with my Dad about 3 years ago now but I wasn't insured on the car so couldn't drive :( Sadly...being a student I doubt I can really afford the ?300 plus it would cost to go there and back!

I need to get a PS2 and GT4 to practice. Then I have to go to the Nordschleife and have a go. ;)

For me it takes less than one hour to get there! Dunno why I've never been there... :roll:
Hell, maybe I'll take the R32 next weekend and go there with a friend. (and a digicam) :mrgreen:

cya
Oliver

scotty said:
or a ps2 and gt4....I've never actually played it but they say it's really realistic, I don't think it could compare to the real thing.
To the actual thrill of driving, no it'll never compare to that. However, it's so much more realistic than GT3. The sensitivity of the steering is insane, you almost need a steering wheel. The cars are amazingly realistic, the RUF prosches try to kill you.

Raven18940 said:
scotty said:
or a ps2 and gt4....I've never actually played it but they say it's really realistic, I don't think it could compare to the real thing.
To the actual thrill of driving, no it'll never compare to that. However, it's so much more realistic than GT3. The sensitivity of the steering is insane, you almost need a steering wheel. The cars are amazingly realistic, the RUF prosches try to kill you.

I recently got the driving force pro steering wheel. It's a bit expensive, but soooooooooo worth it. The game (now) sucks without the steering wheel. So much more realistic. And of all the cars, you should try to drive the yellowbird (ruf) on the nordschleife. That must be the hardest car to handle.
I'm probably going to the Nur-ring in July. Not sure or I'm going to drive though.

And keep in mind that this guide can be very handy, but in real life it's a whole lot harder to keep that ideal line. Also keep in mind that every car has a different line. Especially when comparing fwd, rwd and a/4wd. Not a totally different line, but still different.

Greetz Johan

oliB said:
I need to get a PS2 and GT4 to practice. Then I have to go to the Nordschleife and have a go. ;)

For me it takes less than one hour to get there! Dunno why I've never been there... :roll:
Hell, maybe I'll take the R32 next weekend and go there with a friend. (and a digicam) :mrgreen:

cya
Oliver

:shock2: WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Even if you don't push it (and you shouldn't, tbh) i'm sure you'll have fun.

bihus said:
oliB said:
:shock2: WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Even if you don't push it (and you shouldn't, tbh) i'm sure you'll have fun.

Yeah go definitely. I went a couple of years back and it's well worth it just for the cars that go there! Tonnes of GT3s, Ferraris, M cars, Scoobys, RS Audis etc, etc. I wouldn't bother pushing it though unless you're an experienced track driver. If you hit ther barriers you have to pay (something like 1000 Euros per meter and then about 1000 Euros per minute lost track time too!). Book a ride in the official Ring Taxi too if you can. It's about 200 Euros or something similar, but well worth it from what I've heard. You go out with Sabine (the lurvly lady who was on TG with JC) and they recently got a new E60 M5 :D Ring about 6 months to a year in advance though :p It's unsurprisingly popular!

Driving the Nordschleife is an experience unlike any other.