Stephen Fry is NOT James May!

Witty, fact-filled tall guys whose hairstyles have a mind of their own. Not saying I'd confuse them, but it's not out of the realm of the possible. That said, James May must get on QI!

This is the 3rd time I've started this post, clearly I'm lost for words. I can't see how people can get the two confused at all. I'll remember to speak slowly and clearly (default Brit abroad) if I ever go to NZ.

(No offence to our NZ members, I know you're all more intelligent than these dingbats).

Easy mistake to make for those who don't get a lot of British television.

That said, James May must get on QI!
Labcoatguy speaks the truth...

I think that guy might be the ugliest human in the world. Any different suggestions?

Stephen Fry was brilliant in Black Adder (series 4) as General Melchett!

I've seen Stephen Frey in Kingdom (Great show) and something else I watched a few months ago. I can't remember what it was but I clearly remember pointing to my TV and going "Hey, its that guy from Kingdom." (I was even by myself watching it, that is how I am):lol:

In either one I don't think I would have mistaken him for Captain Slow.

They are hard to tell apart. Stephen Fry is the guy with the nose. May is the other one.

You must not only not get British TV but only also need to be blind, deaf and quite frankly daft to mix them up.

Wait, so you're saying that someone who is not James May, is not James May. Shocking news, and on the bomb shell, it's time to end the thread.

While we are at it: include Fry in the New Year's Honours list. That's what that's for.
Or at least declare him a listed building or something.
Cover him in medals so he is easier to tell apart from May. That or either of them needs a haiircut.

Witty, fact-filled tall guys whose hairstyles have a mind of their own. Not saying I'd confuse them, but it's not out of the realm of the possible.

True. But then, James can't say he's lost however many stone that Stephen has. And there's the nose.

That said, James May must get on QI!

YES PLEASE!

True. But then, James can't say he's lost however many stone that Stephen has. And there's the nose.

He's put quite a few of those back on again.

Mr May could probably benefit from the loss of a few pounds

Apart from that - no resemblance whatsoever.

Stephen Fry has had a haircut and now claims he no longer look like James May. He's right, he doesnt. It's worse than that. He now bears a vague resemblence to Clarkson ( at least in the photo)
http://twitpic.com/60xyny

I think there is some resembalance sometimes, mainly depending on the men's haircuts. :)

r-STEPHEN-FRY-large570.jpg

Stephen is much taller though.

mayandfry_1405725c.jpg

Last edited: