Ownership Verified: Stepping to the dark side: Sifus e91 320d M-sport

Apparently my BMW does not like winter, these popped up after a short drive to work at -20 celsius. All the lights work and the self calibration for headlights is working also.
-20degrees.jpg

Reactions: lip
update, also right high beam failure is present (even though it works fine) :D

That's common. Went sking yesterday and during the cold start the Audi gave me a "Brake light" error message altough the lights were fine. See here.

Anyway, -20 Celsius! Holy cow! :blink:

That's common. Went sking yesterday and during the cold start the Audi gave me a "Brake light" error message altough the lights were fine. See here.

Anyway, -20 Celsius! Holy cow! :blink:
The errors are still on and left low beam seems to be the only light really acting up. it starts fine, calibrates fine, then shuts down couple of times and after that its fine.
its -30 celsius atm in here :p

It seems that this thing mends itself.. (maybe). Today the left dipped beam, right high beam and left parking light errors were gone.

Aaand since yesterday the error list is back to normal (only left and right tail light failures, which I knew and will be dealt with soon)...

I've got about the same thing with my E60.
Random light failure warning when everything's working fine. I usually get just one at the time and they always disappear by themselves. Doesn't have to be cold to get them on mine though...

as of yesterday, my car is jingle and "warning" cone free in the dash and in the check control messages!

As I mentioned the cabling was fine and all it needed was a LCM reset and new bulbs and bulb bases for the trunk

Maintenance done, including new agm battery, all software upgrades, new brake fluids, oil, filters (all of them) etc. Now it states that it has 23k km to the next service...

Does it have a Webasto or is there some other reason you went for AGM? Just curious.

Does it have a Webasto or is there some other reason you went for AGM? Just curious.
It doesnt have a webasto.. Only reason for it was that I was fed up with batteries via past experienses and I just said "gimme best you have" which resulted the most expensive battery ever bought by me...

The factory 60Ah Varta was conking out for me after two years of Webasto abuse. I started getting weird electrical glitches and idiot lights when starting, as if the entire car rebooted from the drop in voltage or something. I replaced it with the biggest Exide Stop-Start AGM I could fit. Zero issues so far.

- - - Updated - - -

And especially in an automatic (and a diesel at that), there's no such thing as overpaying for a battery.

A brief update... both rear wheel bearings replaced, MOTd and good to go for another year and a bit. :cool:

Some cleaning done for the winter.
Bilt hamber autofoam
Bilt hamber shampoo
Korrosol leftovers to hood and sides
Ag tar & glue remover to needed places
Fusso99 dark coat to paint surfaces
Qtechnic w5 water repellent to window surfaces

b03fd90518e96d7573410014fc428be1.jpg

Last edited:
apparently tapatalk reduces the quality of the photo and i should do a photoshoot in some location with proper equipment

Apparently Fusso99 Dark Coat does not like water. Sorry about the bad quality of the video...
[video=youtube;P-Jk7romlS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Jk7romlS0[/video]

Yep, looks good to me.
Also fairly durable against chemicals ( especially if you consider it being a wax, which it hardly is - more like a sealant) from what I?ve heard.