Steve Irwin aka "The Crocodile Hunter" is dead

Was bound to happen some time...

zaybxcwd12 said:
I have not lowerd myself to personal insults.
Point taken.

But I stand by what I said since I have followed this thread from the beginning and you have been questionning the guy from the get go.
You have been warned, by members, even by a long time well respected moderator, and you still post to get a reaction.

Steve Irwin just passed away, if you want to discuss publicly his lifestyle, let the dust settle a bit before you do so. Think of a public forum as a a room full of people. Would you bring up someones "mistakes" in front of people who loved him at his funeral ? I doubt it. Then why do it here in this thread ?

That's why I said what I did.

For a newcomer, you certainly got my attention today.

Now please let it go for a while.

Since I thought I had done so yet but hadn't in this forum up 'til now, let me add my thoughts go out to his family and close friends right now. He'll be missed by a lot of people for many different reasons. :(

Ok Roman point taken and look guys I have got on well with pple from this forum and I enjoy it and really don't want to upset any1.

A personal appoligie for any1 I have upset.

RIP Steve Irwin. He wasn't a nasty or evil person, just abit nuts. I think his family will carry on his work in respect for him.

zaybxcwd12 , You have just made the DIAF list.

Rest Well you crazy explorer, you were a great teacher and a terrific ambassador.

NAIDANAC A said:
No Boss said:
zaybxcwd12 , You have just made the DIAF list.

Rest Well you crazy explorer, you were a great teacher and a terrific ambassador.
What is DIAF

DIAF is a thing that got started on Fark.com - it stands for "Die In A Fire"

Forgive me for not understanding is that forum realated or is it like I am destined in another life to spend my days with dyrants and despots?

Do I have a choice if so can it be the later plz?

zaybxcwd12,

It's an expression of frustration and displeasure related to behavior or opinions expressed related to the forum topic. It has nothing to do with hell, the afterlife or anything that existential.

There are to be no more posts relating to zaybxcwd12 comments. He finally apologised but bringing it up again doesn't help. I know you really want to vent your opinion on his comments, but please don't. Let this thread continue the way it should have been from the start. Thanks guys

Back on topic - on the news today, they said that he was only the 3rd person ever recorded in Australia to die in the same way. It's such a rare way of dieing. Obviously your chances are increased when you put yourself in that situation, but it's just worth making note of that fact.

my god thats sad, the croc hunter kicked ass :(

tranceshakeel said:
The dude was very passionate about his work, Zayb watch this clip i?d be surprised if it doesnt shake u from inside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlxJ-UBaTaU&NR
May he rest in peace.

The guy was dedicated I never took that away from him, and you know though all my rants and raves I never once slaged him off, all I did was criitisize his actions. On reflection it was not the time I dunno what came over me thinksomething was said and I just went off on one.

Sorry again guys and sorry Steve you where a dedicated guy who was full of life and enjoyed what you did. Thx Steve for the pleasure you gave millions of others (as I saod I watched his shows as well).

^Apology accepted :)

Steve Irwin was filming a documentary, Ocean's Deadliest, on the Great Barrier Reef east of Port Douglas when struck and killed by a stingray's barbed tail on Monday morning.

The man known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter had been swimming in shallow water at Batt Reef, near the Low Isles, with a stingray estimated to be 2.5m from wingtip to wingtip.

The moment of the attack was captured on video.

"The footage shows him swimming in the water, the ray stopped and turned and that was it," boat-owner Peter West was reported as saying.

"There was no blood in the water, it was not that obvious ... something happened with this animal that made it rear and he was at the wrong position at the wrong time and if it hit him anywhere else we would not be talking about a fatality."

Others who have seen the video describe it as shocking, and say Irwin pulled the barb from his own heart before collapsing.
After the attack, his film crew bundled Irwin into an inflatable dinghy where they reported the 44-year-old as barely conscious but still breathing.

However, Irwin had died by the time the support team had got him on board his vessel, Croc One. Attempts by a doctor and paramedic to revive him on a nearby island failed and his body was flown to Cairns on Monday night.

Mr Irwin's death was only the third known stingray death in Australian waters. Both previous deaths were also caused by the stingray barb piercing the heart of the victims.

Shark and stingray expert Victoria Brims said the normally passive creatures only strike in defence, attacking with a bayonet-like barb when they feel threatened.
Source

He pulled the barb from his own heart before collapsing :shock: Only he could endure that.