• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Stig costume for halloween

Carsightings

A friend and I would like to dress up as the stigs (the old one and the new one). Does anyone know where we can get the gear? and will it fit two 15 year olds? anyhting you can tell me will help.

p.s we want to buy off the internet ;)

thanks.

edit: i just saw the other post and i saw that the helmet alone will sey me back 400$+ so there is no way i am spending that much. is there a cheaper alternative?

Go down to your local track and make friends. Maybe they'll let you borrow some of their gear. However, I haven't seen many people down at track days with suits (plus if they had a suit, I'm sure it'd be way too baggy and just look funny). Helmet, gloves, and shoes are doable. That'll save you a pretty penny and then you just have find something that looks like a racing suit.

Damnit... I wished I dressed up as the Stig for Halloween... I have motorcycle gear and everything. Problem is 1) my bike leathers look nothing like the Stig's costume 2) I look like an idiot in my leathers (I look like a fat, 5'9" yellow/black Power Ranger).

The "costume" is just racing attire, and it costs a pretty penny. Any place that sells racing suits and helmets will have the stuff, you just gotta shell out for it. Gotta pay to play the game.

Go out and buy a couple of white lab coats, sew some racing patches onto them, and there's your "fire suit". Helmets could be tougher to do, though.

some of those painters scrubs that are white would work too

zeoniks said:
Damnit... I wished I dressed up as the Stig for Halloween... I have motorcycle gear and everything. Problem is 1) my bike leathers look nothing like the Stig's costume 2) I look like an idiot in my leathers (I look like a fat, 5'9" yellow/black Power Ranger).

you mean you look like a motorcyclist :D

actually if you go to a pawn shop they usually have the stuff you need ... I did the stig for my senior year ... yup ... they were all jealous ... lol :stig: :stig: :stig:

Nice thread dredge...

Yeppa - Nanaimo... it would seem top gear's global dominance is finally (and thankfully!) penetrating this sceptered isle...

I always have to wonder how deep people are digging in the forum when they find shit two years old...

The expensive bit is the helmet. My racing style overalls are designed for mechanics and cost ?30.

And I've just spotted that this is a necrothread.