Stig Introduction Competition

Some say his breath smells like talcum powder and that he is unaware of his own feet. All we know is, he's called "The Stig".

Some say that if he wears flannel teddy bear undies and feels a strong urge to migrate with geese. All we know is, he's called "The Stig".

'nother one:

Some say that he eats around the holes in swiss cheese and that he holds his breath while driving around the test track. All we know is, he's called "The Stig".

B-Wurm :D

Some say his fingers bend the other way and that he is afraid of forks. All we know is, he's called "The Stig".

Some say, he monopolizes the world's market for salt shakers, and if caught in the light of the full moon, he turns into Margaret Thatcher. All we know is, he's called The STIG!

"Some say he can't pronounce the woord scheveningen, and he like's to run with horses... all we know he's called the stig"

Most people who aren't Dutch can't.
Some say his teeth are made of magnesium, and his wife is made of carbonfibre...
Some say he's fleeing the mafia, and he can walk on water...

A lot of the suggestions on here have been done allready, or are variants of ones already done.

Some say he's climbed Everest and that he has streaked at the FA Cup final. All we know is..

Some say that he was born with a helmet on his head, and all furniture in his house are carbonceramic, all we know his called the STIG!

:lol:

Some say his spawn will promote the uprising of the apocolypse using notes from an exhaust, and his real name is "wierd name" in another language. All we know is he's called the STIG.

Some say he broke his swedish penis enlarger while customing a new intake for his Reliant, others whisper that he has a tattoo saying "I AM A GIGALO" from his stint in Holland (another weird expression) :? . All we know is he's called the STIG.

Some claim to have seen him skinny dipping in Loch Ness wearing only his helmet, others say that he is Black Belt at Oragami :? , All we know is he's called the STIG.

Some say this competition is about to get boring, and that it is not that fun anyway, all we know it may be very true... :roll:

Some say that his helmet is full of helium. And that he can smell exhaust fumes from over 10 miles away... All we know is, that he is called THE STIG.

scorseze said:
Some say this competition is about to get boring, and that it is not that fun anyway, all we know it may be very true... :roll:

Oh no, this will go on forever. Or until Jezza says one of these lines verbatim.

alternatengine said:
Some say his spawn will promote the uprising of the apocolypse using notes from an exhaust, and his real name is "wierd name" in another language. All we know is he's called the STIG.

The name Stig origins from Denmark and means rambler. It also means path in swedish.

Why the hell did they name him Stig anyway...

They named him after Stig Blomqvist, a Swedish World Rally champion in 1984. He took naturally to driving fast, I think he placed highly in a serious rally event just days after passing his test.

SOME say that techno music renders him incapable of movement, and that he can't ride a bicycle because he can't work out how to balance on only two wheels. All WE know, is that these introductions started out very entertaining, but have become a bit embarrassing as Clarkson struggles for inreasingly "random!!!!1" things to say.

gazzyk1ns said:
They named him after Stig Blomqvist, a Swedish World Rally champion in 1984. He took naturally to driving fast, I think he placed highly in a serious rally event just days after passing his test.
Is that confirmed? I think it sounds a bit far-fetched, but sure, it could be true.

Stig's were what the new kids were named at the private school Clarkson and the other guy (producer or director?) who thought of the new format attended.

I got my info from Wikipedia, and I think a Clarkson bit in the Times confirmed it? I can't remember, not saying you don't know better than me, just clarifying where I got the info. I think amongst slightly older people who are/were into motorsport, "A Stig" is a general term for a natural or fast driver, again, because of the Swedish rally driver.

gazzyk1ns said:
I got my info from Wikipedia, and I think a Clarkson bit in the Times confirmed it? I can't remember, not saying you don't know better than me, just clarifying where I got the info. I think amongst slightly older people who are/were into motorsport, "A Stig" is a general term for a natural or fast driver, again, because of the Swedish rally driver.

No problem

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22750-1857808_2,00.html

We did the series Extreme Machines and then we started to think about reviving Top Gear in a new format, with a track, special guests and the Stig — new boys at Repton were always called Stig — and we thrashed it out over a couple of years

haha I love it
or take a page from The Simpsons: "Some say he sleep nude in an oxygen tent, and he believes it gives him sexual powers.. all we know is he's called the Stig"