The Stig: Stig sketch on Chaser's War

I saw this on the telly tonight and was already highly amused by the concept, but it just gets better and better. The ending is superb.

(and how much of an idiot do you have to be to fall for a stig in the wrong suit, with no gloves?)

now THAT was funny, it makes me wonder just how easy that would be in the US. think about it. i bet if you stood on a street corner for just a few minutes in a decent sized city someone would actually think it was real.

kinda goes along with that post in the TG America thread. thats a great way to find out how big the show is here.

Just finished watching the episode. Was funny but has lost the old touch.

The show has always pushed the limits of comedy but I seriously doubt that somebody would allow The Stig to drive from London to The Stonehenge and then to France. And that too when you'd expect him to show serious driving skill, which the driver was of course not capable of.

LOL awesome segment and something I always wondered about if someone did. But kinda bummed that they didnt bother with the gloves, shoes or proper racing suit but thats me being picky. Anyway this episode seems quite an improvement over the first 2 eps which lacked the substance of the old chaser eps.

Last edited:
Hilarious

now THAT was funny, it makes me wonder just how easy that would be in the US. think about it. i bet if you stood on a street corner for just a few minutes in a decent sized city someone would actually think it was real.

kinda goes along with that post in the TG America thread. thats a great way to find out how big the show is here.

So when are you going to do it, and who is going to film it?

That was a good sketch from The Chaser. Last nights episode was pretty good :)

Just finished watching the episode. Was funny but has lost the old touch.

The show has always pushed the limits of comedy but I seriously doubt that somebody would allow The Stig to drive from London to The Stonehenge and then to France. And that too when you'd expect him to show serious driving skill, which the driver was of course not capable of.

People are very, very, very stupid. I don't know if you've ever seen any of Jay Leno's American talk show (the guy with the huge garage of old cars that James spoke with in the Honda Clarity segment in series 12), but he had a segment called Jaywalking. He would go up to random people on the street and ask what most of us consider common sense questions. Time and time again people have no idea of the simplest things and have absolutely no problem admitting this on TV. Then they started inviting the "stars" back weeks later for a second segment. There was concern the people would study up a bit and no longer be funny on camera but they quickly found it this wasn't the case. It is absolutely beyond belief what people will say, do, an believe because they a) want to or b) are too lazy not to.

Haha, I hope that guy got compensation.

I laughed quite hard at 2:12 when he stuck his finger up out the window.

Good video, cheers!

It probably won't but i would love to see this get a mention on Top Gear.

People need to know which Stig's are fake and which ones are the real deal :D

Pretty damn funny.

Hilarious

So when are you going to do it, and who is going to film it?

Well, I have a friend who wants to get the same helmet and dress as the Stig. We might be able t work something out here eventually...

So what if its set up? It's brilliant - 800km driving someone elses car. It was great when the girl with the Smart ForFour kicked the other person out of the car so "The Stig" could drive. The blokes face at the end is classic.

Wonder could you walk staight into Top Gear Live dressed like that ;-)