Stig spotted at Singapore airport

LindenChase

It looks like filming for serie 18 has kicked off already. There are lots of people tweeting about Stig being filmed at Changi airport today. The guys themselves have not been spotted yet, as far as I can tell.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/di/diti/2011/08/13/stig_singapore_airport_august2011_001.jpg

Thanks to Dit for the tip!

Last edited:
What if it's not for the show? IIRC, Stig usually features in Jeremy's DVDs, and this is about the time he'd be working on that.

Shelley may be right about it being for Jezza's Christmas video. Then again, it might not be UK Stig. Are we sure filming for the oft-postponed Series 4 of TGAUS is finished? That's more their bailiwick.

ETA: Stupid me. There's a couple more appropriate things to consider: TGPRC (heavy Chinese population in Singapore) and TGROK. Aren't both in the works right now?

Last edited:
Well, apparently in the place where Jeremy's Sun column should be today it says 'Jeremy Clarkson Is Away'. This may not be coincidental...

I also reckon this is Christmas Tat filming - it's that time of year. They generally reconvene for Top Gear in September - at least, I think so

Shelley may be right about it being for Jezza's Christmas video. Then again, it might not be UK Stig. Are we sure filming for the oft-postponed Series 4 of TGAUS is finished? That's more their bailiwick.

ETA: Stupid me. There's a couple more appropriate things to consider: TGPRC (heavy Chinese population in Singapore) and TGROK. Aren't both in the works right now?

Here's a thought: have a look at the ethnic makeup of the camera crew (assuming there are camera crew people in shot), if you can make it out. The Christmas tat recordings generally use the same talent pool as the UK show rather than hiring local talent. If it's a predominantly Asian camera crew, chances are it could be TGPRC or TGROK. If you can see Iain May, it'll be our guys :lol: Unfortunately, I'm posting from my elderly tiny Mac and I can't blow stuff up because it keeps shutting itself off...

Last edited:
It's a little blurry, but the crew members who are shown look to be Chinese. So either it's a hired local crew, or it's TGPRC.

I have it on very good authority that the TG UK trio are all working on their Christmas DVDs right now. This will probably be Jeremy's.

Hammond's official FB page reported this yesterday.....

Finished the first of six weeks' filming in the US. Dallas was unbelievably hot and now Denver looks pretty cool. Mindy and the girls are in the air right now, flying to join me this afternoon. I'm going to surprise them in a limo full of flowers. Yes, alright, a bit OTT in Henley on Thames perhaps, but come on, I'm in America. It's allowed! RH

Richard is in the US filming his series for BBC America not a Christmas DVD (which he's doing with James again anyway). I thought Jez was filming his DVD at a circuit in France (as it was reported when the car he was driving caught fire).

BTW guys - Limo + flowers = many many brownie points :D