The Stig: Stig storms out of NZ press conference

henre123

Clad in his trademark white racing suit and helmet, The Stig faced a curious media pack at the ASB Events Centre in Greenlane.

It was the first time The Stig had faced the media, and came after UK reports that eight different drivers were used to play the character.

His appearance was a replacement for presenters Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond, who pulled the pin on a scheduled New Zealand press conference.

But while The Stig was there in appearance, he wasn't there to talk.

Confronted by a barrage of questions - ranging from his favourite beer to his romantic interests - The Stig maintained a stony silence throughout his brief appearance.

When questioned by the media about why he wouldn?t show his face, The Stig offered no reply.

The Stig appeared to reach breaking point when a member of the media held up a piece of paper which he alleged could prove his identity.

The enraged stunt driver then threw aside his microphone, stomped off the stage and ripped the piece of paper from the reporter's hand.

Clarkson and Hammond are in New Zealand for Top Gear Live, a series of shows being held over the next four days in Auckland based on their hugely successful television show.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4845723a1860.html

Everybody knows The Stig doesn't talk and has a nasty temper.

He eats northerners and beats up scouts.

Nothing I would have not expected.

Go Stig!!! I still love you.

Disappointed that there were no sheep ?

I'd say so. :nod: Poor Stig.

GO STIGGIE!

That reporter was lucky he didn't get mauled to death.

[YOUTUBE]9PYNvktcS1A[/YOUTUBE]

awesome, thanks for posting.

I couldn't really hear, but did the last guy ask about the Black Stig sighting? That seems to be what made it mad.

Yeah, that video doesn't fit in with what stuff.co.nz says happened. I didn't hear anything about the journalist claiming to have proof of the Stig's identity.

yeah, I heard the words "youtube" and "black Stig" from the guy in the green shirt.

This has to be a promotion to season 13 and for the return of the black Stig.

Gotta have love for the Stig. One of the top 4 presenters on all of television though I wont argue the order or exact position.