The Stig: Stig's Face in Zonda Mirror?

Oooh, good point. ;)

Some say that these "who is the stig threads" are useless, and that all that trying to guess the identity of the stig is doing is hastening the apocalypse. All we know is...well that this crap should just stop.

With the resolution given, it looks like a vicar!

I think Tompie913 is correct; the reflection in the Zonda is May. The Stig doesn't get hold of the Zonda until the end of the show (he is in the Veyron earlier) and it is clear that he has his helmet on for the entire lap. There is an image of him in the side mirror at ~58:25, and his helmet is on. (Unfortunately, I only have a lo-res clip and uploading an image would be pointless.) The context of the other Zonda clip, makes it clear that May is behind the wheel, and the lighting makes him seem like a Neanderthal.

I'd say Hammond, for some reason. I think that's a grey headrest behind him.

Come on guys, it clearly isn't Hammond or May. Ben Collins does 'work' for Top Gear anyway - FACT. This doesn't necessarily mean that he is The Stig or anything, he is just a professional racing driver who works for Top Gear...

Think about it for a minute, why would Hammond be driving the Zonda, of all people? He struggles to control his 911 on the test track....nevermind a Zonda....

I do agree that these 'Who is The Stig' threads are pointless, as people think Michael Schumacher flies over from Geneva every wednesday morning, does 10 laps around the track, helps a guest, then flies home. And some people don't want to know who it is!

Last edited:
It?s a grainy picture and could be any middle aged white male. There is a reason why they are against going to HD.

I think finalgear should be the very site that helps keep his identity hidden and unknown from the public. Im sure a lot of finalgearers had noticed that and decided not to post it.

Think about it for a minute, why would Hammond be driving the Zonda, of all people? He struggles to control his 911 on the test track....nevermind a Zonda....

I agree it is not Hammond in that reflection, but he is a huge fan of the Zonda so I could understand some people thinking it might have been him. He chose it for the drive to the Milau Viaduct and he might have driven one of the various models they have had on during "show and tell" sessions (I know May has).

Yep, he was driving the old Type-R in a race against Jeremy in the new Type-R. There was only a split second where you could see who was driving the old car.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/22/bencollins.jpg

so it is ben collins, officialy

and btw at some site with the 24h race, there was a blurred picture with some blond guy in a racing suite