• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Stig's Test Track - Anyone have a map or layout?

kanderson

Car(s)
AC Cobra 427 1965 restored
This may be an unusual request, but I'm looking for details on the Top Gear test track-- the dimensions, a basic layout, etc. I know there's a t-shirt available that has the map on it, but I can't read it in the only photo I've found (see below). If all else fails, I'll just order the shirt. I'll probably order the shirt anyway.

topgeartrackshirt.jpg

No, but let me know if you find one :) :lol:

haz

The very first episode of 2002 has a pretty detailed description of the track with a few aerial shots of the track. I don't remember them showing a map of the track, but if you don't need extremely detailed information, you might want to give that a try. :D

That's right, I remember that :)

haz

if you don't need extremely detailed information, you might want to give that a try

I've seen the episode. A partner company is planning a test track and wanted the specifications. I'll have to make some phone calls to the BBC and see what they will give out.

you are obliged to give us an update on that ;)

haz

I think that in the Top gear mag in 2002 when they introduced teh new series they also had a detailed description of the track... unfortunately I no longer have the mag so cannot chek if memory is correct. But if this is the case then BBC should have no reason not give out the info.

kanderson said:
I've seen the episode. A partner company is planning a test track and wanted the specifications. I'll have to make some phone calls to the BBC and see what they will give out.
Just hire the same guys from Lotus to come out and design a track for you. :p

[off-topic]

Holy mother of god, kanderson. You own a Shelby that isn't a replica? :shock:

[/off-topic]

One of the greatest cars ever. Period. I want to have your babies kanderson!

EVERYONE: please take a minute and write an email to

top.gear@bbc.co.uk

and request that Top Gear post the test track map/layout on their web site.
My discussions with the BBC folks indicate that they will do it "if enough people request it". So let's get them to do it!

Please pass this on.

Thanks,
Keith

Hahaha, I wonder what they are going to think when they suddenly get a tonne of e-mails requesting the track layout. :lol: I'll send one right away. :D