Stoddart sells Minardi

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
hmm, why would Red Bull buy minardi? they already own a team...

admittedly i haven't read the articles just yet, so if it gets explained, flame me.

EDIT: ok, i read the article, i don't see the point of a rookie team though. That's what feeder categories are.

I couldnt care less. All I remember from March was him making some mistake or something that put the future of the F1's going to Melbourne in jepordy. Sorry I cant remember what he did but I remember his cars being in breech of the rules or something and them him contesting it by going to the supreme court. He risked the future of the Melbourne GP in some way and that is not cool...besides Minardi are struggling heaps! Maybe it was for the better.

It was going to happen sooner or later. Paul Stoddart couldn't keep that team running. It was just a big big money hole. Red Bull has the development for 2 teams now, with that kind of force, i can see some uber development in the future, as they can data share across teams and get double the testing other teams do. Its a wonder there is no rule against that.

just an slight issue with the first post, it was Red Bull NOT Red Bull Racing that bought Minardi :)

personally i think they should be sponsoring Suzuki in MotoGP instead but oh well :x

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
I couldnt care less. All I remember from March was him making some mistake or something that put the future of the F1's going to Melbourne in jepordy. Sorry I cant remember what he did but I remember his cars being in breech of the rules or something and them him contesting it by going to the supreme court. He risked the future of the Melbourne GP in some way and that is not cool...besides Minardi are struggling heaps! Maybe it was for the better.

There was a lot more to the fracas in Melbourne than Stoddart throwing a tantrum - the FIA played their part too.

flyingfridge said:
It was going to happen sooner or later. Paul Stoddart couldn't keep that team running. It was just a big big money hole. Red Bull has the development for 2 teams now, with that kind of force, i can see some uber development in the future, as they can data share across teams and get double the testing other teams do. Its a wonder there is no rule against that.

There's no rule against it (at least I don't think there is) as it's never been an issue in F1 as the current rules require teams to construct their own cars. That and the fact no-ones ever owned two teams at once means there's no way teams would share data due to the competitive side of it and the fact they run different designs so the data would be meaningless (with the exception of data on the tyres used by Michelin & Bridgestone).

That situation will change somewhat though when teams are able to buy their cars from other teams.

fbc said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

There was a lot more to the fracas in Melbourne than Stoddart throwing a tantrum - the FIA played their part too.

Yeah, Mosley has a special hate for Stoddart. He was just trying to show his power. When the regulator force tries to overcome its associates, something is going very wrong.

p0w3r said:
damn red bull is rich... :shock:
Yea... I couldn't imagine that someone could make so much money with an energy drink.

IMO Dietrich Mateschitz is a very good chap, because he supports motorsports so much. He sponsores planes, boats, motorbikes, DTM, and now he has TWO F1 teams!

Respect. :bow: