Strange Lamp Posts

AML

aka Aston Martin Lagonda
Did someone recently noticed big lamp posts on TG track?
Why they are mounting lamp posts on the airfield? :?

Re: Strange Lamp Posts

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Did someone recently noticed big lamp posts on TG track?
Why they are mounting lamp posts on the airfield? :?

It's [if I remember right] a disused airfield now, with no planes coming in / taking off, so it's fine to put lamp posts up.

Why?

*shrug*

Night-time filming? Night time driving? To make it look nice? No idea.

It's Rommel-Spargel!

In this country old airfields still have to be in a decent state for emergency landings etc. so the "lamposts" couldn't block the main runway. If you watch the P2 lap there are a few aircraft which clearly arn't permantly there.

which parts of the airfield were these on in the programme? also did you notice this week there was an additional plane on the track in front of the 747?

cw said:
which parts of the airfield were these on in the programme? also did you notice this week there was an additional plane on the track in front of the 747?
On the laps you can see a big line of them when they go round he final corner. On this map I've put black dots roughly where the lamposts are. There are two other runways still for planes to land on.
http://img88.imageshack.**/img88/4755/topgeartesttrack0ze.jpg

wow Idk how people notice those things...

watching it again I can see the plane and the posts, but would have never noticed it without someone telling me to look for em :D

Im confused, do they drive through chicago twice?

AZZA said:
Yes, the tyre wall they go through at high speed is the same one for chicago. It's sort of a figure of eight.

AZZA said:

Kind of but not really.

Chicago is the right hand corner, the second one I guess you'd say. They go past Chicago (ie: turn left) after they've gone through the followthrough... I hope that makes sense.

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/488/p10508635qa.jpg
Here's a picture of the screen :p. Never noticed them before, I don't think they'll land a plane there anymore!

Is this the way it goes?

topgeartesttrack0ze.jpg

btw its slightly off-topic but if any of you want to practice driving around the TG track with a Lacetti (virtually of course!), the TG track is available on Racer Free Car Simulation and so is a Daewoo Lacetti. There are quite a few other tracks/cars available as well.

Latest Racer Version
TG track
Lacetti
There are updates for both track and car, you'll may need to go through a few pages to find them.