Stumpy's: MazdaSpeed Miata

6'0" is an easy fit

Not in a first gen. I tried to sit in one and it was a bit too cramped on the headroom. I'm hoping the second gen is better. :)

Gorgeuos car. and i love that youve kept it classy

respect

Not in a first gen. I tried to sit in one and it was a bit too cramped on the headroom. I'm hoping the second gen is better. :)
You'll hear a lot of feedback from a lot of people about it, but it really depends on how exactly your body is put together. Height is less important than torso vs. leg length, and there's a certain amount that's just down to "comfort level" - some people are more comfortable with a tight cockpit than others.

One oft-used fix for those with just a bit too little headroom is a foamectomy. It's possible to remove a lot of the foam from the seat and end up sitting lower, without it becoming uncomfortable. I don't know if this will work on the Mazdaspeed seats, but if you sit in one and and it's "close, but not quite," you may look into the possibility. You also may find an aftermarket seat would do the trick for you (you could save the original seat to swap back when you want the car to look OEM).

Two new pictures for page #5

MSMUp.jpg

MSMBrokenHill.jpg

I really like the looks of this car.

Want.

My MazdaSpeed - Winter Edition:

For Chicago winters, I remove my summer wheels/tires and put back on my giant stock 17" MSM wheels and some ruberband thin Bizzaks tires.

This is the first year that I have had the car lowered for the snow. So far it has not been an issue since we have almost no accumulation so far.

The Blizzaks have worked great for me, going on my third winter. I never have any traction issues. The only thing I have to worry about now if is the snow gets over a few inches.

Anyhoo... Here is how my car looks as of now:

CleanWinterModeFront.jpg

CleanMSMSnowSide.jpg

nice this is pretty much the only miata' aesthetic i'd buy cuz it dosent look like its getting suprise bum seks
MIATA_LM16_05.jpg

30268050001_large.jpg

nice this is pretty much the only miata' aesthetic i'd buy cuz it dosent look like its getting suprise bum seks
30268050001_large.jpg

I dunno, in that picture it looks like it's getting it but not enjoying it.

I dunno, in that picture it looks like it's getting it but not enjoying it.

lol thats the point.

i really do like the mazdaspeed body its definitely more "chiseled" with the raised front fenders and hood details.

I was wondering what make/model they are? Any idea of the weight?

I'm looking for a set of black rims myself and I like the look of these.

Thanks Stumpy, I'll look into the range there. I take it there's no problem with clearing the brakes (which I believe are the same on the MSM as the NB8B and NB8C?).

Apologies for the double post, but I'm having trouble navigating Tire Rack. Am I missing something or is it not possible to just choose wheels and see the price? The only way I can find to select wheels and see a price is to navigate by "search wheels by vehicle". The stupid thing about that method is that it thinks that no wheels smaller than OEM (16") are appropriate. Reality is stacks of Miata owners 'upgrade' to 15" wheels from the OEM 16s or 17s.

The only way I've been able to find the pricing and add to cart is by searching under a 98 or 99 NB8A, which came with 15" wheels as stock.

Am I missing something or is the navigation really that limited?!

Sorry for the LONG delay in the responce. Tirerack is a little weird when it come to finding wheels. You have to trick the system sometimes.

I just put in that my car is a 1997 Miata. Then ALL the options come up.

As for clearing the brakes. It is close, really close. But I have not heard of anyone scraping with the C1M or the C1. I have had Zero issues.

Thanks Stumpy.

I'm really keen on these. I'll look into it a bit more and confirm there's no differences between my brakes and the MSM and the Australian models. It's a bit of a risk to make such a big order (size and value) to Australia but a set of these wheels wrapped in Star Specs is great value!

Thanks Stumpy.

I'm really keen on these. I'll look into it a bit more and confirm there's no differences between my brakes and the MSM and the Australian models. It's a bit of a risk to make such a big order (size and value) to Australia but a set of these wheels wrapped in Star Specs is great value!

Good Luck! I really hope it works out for you!

Speaking of the TRMotorsports. Just took off the winter wheels, so the C1Ms are back on. Also got new tires, Yokohama S. Drives.

CloudyMorning.jpg

*UPDATES*

New Mitimoshoto Intercooler:

NewFrontEnd.jpg

New Boss Frog Clearview Maxx Roll Bar:

RollBarAdded.jpg

Reactions: TC