Stumpy's: MazdaSpeed Miata

Every time I come into this thread, I have a strong desire to sell my Civic and buy a Mazdaspeed Miata. Beautiful car Stumpy.

What do you have for suspension mods?

ChillBackShot.jpg

Better shots of the roll bar? Whats going on there with the uprights on the bar?

Oh, ha. Yeah, I plasti-dipped the whole roll bar, (It was silver originally). Then I put some checkered duct tape on the back, cause I got bored.

CheckeredClose.jpg

They also came in Sunlight Silver in Australia, but I guess not in the States?

I was all ready to pull the trigger on ordering a set of the C1Ms this week but TR are out of stock for a couple of months! It wasn't all bad though as I rechecked the price of 6ULs through the Australian distributor and they'd dropped in price but quite a lot.

Oh, ha. Yeah, I plasti-dipped the whole roll bar, (It was silver originally). Then I put some checkered duct tape on the back, cause I got bored.

CheckeredClose.jpg

Thats awesome! Kinda want to do something similar to my rollbar, except I have other priorities right now. Mainly want to fix all the minor body imperfections, and get nicer tires (and maybe wheels). I'd love a Gulf themed rollbar (light blue with orange diagonals), but I think that might be too tacky.

Have not posted any picture of my ride lately. Here are a few taken from this summer:

CleanTopDownDriving.jpg

MoneyOnMyBack.jpg

I ended up selling the MSM. The next owner had nothing but issues, so he sold it.

The final owner (not me) did this to it. :(

80AO99jl.jpg

iPCedAql.jpg

sBVtCKql.jpg

The car was totaled, frame damage among the worst of it.

Ouch.
:(

How'd he manage that?

He says he over drove his driving skill, into a wall. That is all I know. Made me wish I had never sold it.

I'm the offender, found this forum while searching google images. Car ran great while I had it but suspect I got the car for a decent deal because if "issues" from previous owner. As such, it broke down on me on my ride home due from the purchase to a loose cable on the alternator and the battery got drained. Once that was fixed I discovered the suspension was shot and everything underneath the car was a complete rust fest, took every tool in the garage (including myself) to remove and about 8 hours of time. I also ground and repainted a lot of the underneath braces. You sold it at the right time, it needed work the least of which was removing all the stickers and band aids holding the vacuum lines together. :?

After putting the the Koni yellows on, FM O2 modifer, and full FM exhaust was a hoot for the short time I owned it. All I can say is it needed quite a bit of "fix up" when I got it but did not go down in a shameful situation....

I'm the offender, found this forum while searching google images. Car ran great while I had it but suspect I got the car for a decent deal because if "issues" from previous owner. As such, it broke down on me on my ride home due from the purchase to a loose cable on the alternator and the battery got drained. Once that was fixed I discovered the suspension was shot and everything underneath the car was a complete rust fest, took every tool in the garage (including myself) to remove and about 8 hours of time. I also ground and repainted a lot of the underneath braces. You sold it at the right time, it needed work the least of which was removing all the stickers and band aids holding the vacuum lines together. :?

After putting the the Koni yellows on, FM O2 modifer, and full FM exhaust was a hoot for the short time I owned it. All I can say is it needed quite a bit of "fix up" when I got it but did not go down in a shameful situation....

It's a shame it's totaled, particularly after you put that much work into it. Good fortune with your next car.