Stupid Driver Stories

I hate this "the traffic light has only been red for a second or two, so I'm still good to go" mentality people have developed lately.

Every morning I pass a traffic light which has quite a short green phase followed by an awfully long waiting phase, which is even longer when the tram crosses the road. Before the light turns green, there is a specific lane for people who turn from my right into the street I'm coming out of. These people get their green light right before mine, and every fuckin' day there are a few smartasses who don't care about running their red light and cross the street when my light is already green.

I almost took out a woman in a Polo this morning (deliberately I might add), honking my horn wildly and just missing her rear left side.
Sounds more like an issue with the traffic light design.
An idiot cut me off today, because (as I found out a couple of seconds later) he was texting on his mobile phone. The thought of crushing his phone in the most violent and satisfactory way poissible actually came to my mind.
Inserting it into his rectum would be the better choice. He would remember longer.

ROFL @ Spectre's video, that was just retarded.

Sounds more like an issue with the traffic light design.
Traffic light design is not the issue. Their light turns red two or three seconds before mine goes from red to red-and-yellow (and another second to green). The issue is that these people know about the delay times and try to get away with using them to run a red light without fearing to hit anyone. In most cases it's okay (even if it's still a red light) because the other cars haven't started moving yet. But on this junction, the drivers tend to bend their green phase quite too much and then can't take their turn at high speeds, because it is quite sharp and narrow.

Last edited:
Traffic light design is not the issue. Their light turns red two or three seconds before mine goes from red to red-and-yellow (and another second to green). The issue is that these people know about the delay times and try to get away with using them to run a red light without fearing to hit anyone. In most cases it's okay (even if it's still a red light) because the other cars haven't started moving yet. But on this junction, the drivers tend to bend their green phase quite too much and then can't take their turn at high speeds, because it is quite sharp and narrow.
I meant more the fact that the light has too long of a wait time.

I meant more the fact that the light has too long of a wait time.
Sorry, misunderstood you then. Well, it's a small sideroad ending at a bigger main road with four lanes and the tram going into both directions. They can't stop traffic forever on the big road, so naturally the side road green phase is going to be short. And it gets even shorter when the aforementioned assholes going from the main road into the side road cut me off even when my light is green.

Sorry, misunderstood you then. Well, it's a small sideroad ending at a bigger main road with four lanes and the tram going into both directions. They can't stop traffic forever on the big road, so naturally the side road green phase is going to be short. And it gets even shorter when the aforementioned assholes going from the main road into the side road cut me off even when my light is green.

Ahh makes sense then. Always hated that in people personally, I'm hugely impatient and I have been known to make a turn or go through intersection on a "red" but in my case its alway when the front of my car was already past the crosswalk so technically in the intersection.

I think people have a problem with the whole idea of leaving earlier if they need to get somewhere by a certain time. I generally give myself around 30 minutes of a buffer time when driving to Manhattan because of traffic + parking. I'm very rarely (if there are street closings I didn't know about usually) late and don't have to dive under reds...

So I'm on my way to get my new camera from Bestbuy and what do you know happens, a 2009 maybe Lexus ES350 cuts in front of this VW from a gas station, forcing him to jam on the brakes. He changes lanes, and I'm coming up to the guy in the Lexus, and I jam on my brakes, and I had to cut in front of this Nissan Xterra (who gave me the WTH gesture, if you are the owner, I'm sorry I had to). Then 5 minutes later I'm on this backroad, and there's only one lane. I thought there was traffic up ahead, and what do I see causing all the traffic, one brand new aqua colored Ford Fusion. He or she caused a huge backup down this one backroad just cuz he was going 10 mph in a 35 zone.

I finally arrive in the parking lot of the Bestbuy and a lady in a silver 2008 Honda Accord tries to avoid stopping at the stop sign, awesome. When I left the bestbuy an old Dodge Acclaim did the same thing but he made it across.

Where the hell did these people get their licenses?

So I'm on my way to get my new camera from Bestbuy and what do you know happens, a 2009 maybe Lexus ES350 cuts in front of this VW from a gas station, forcing him to jam on the brakes. He changes lanes, and I'm coming up to the guy in the Lexus, and I jam on my brakes, and I had to cut in front of this Nissan Xterra (who gave me the WTH gesture, if you are the owner, I'm sorry I had to). Then 5 minutes later I'm on this backroad, and there's only one lane. I thought there was traffic up ahead, and what do I see causing all the traffic, one brand new aqua colored Ford Fusion. He or she caused a huge backup down this one backroad just cuz he was going 10 mph in a 35 zone.

I finally arrive in the parking lot of the Bestbuy and a lady in a silver 2008 Honda Accord tries to avoid stopping at the stop sign, awesome. When I left the bestbuy an old Dodge Acclaim did the same thing but he made it across.

Where the hell did these people get their licenses?

Dude you from NJ, the hell you expect?

I didn't expect much, but I didn't expect all that to happen in a time span of 30 minutes.

I've come to not even notice it. I only post the worst on here. Like yesterday there was a van that was going 10 under and stopping for EVERYTHING. So I gone around him and then there was another moron doing the same fucking thing. They were both stopping like 20 feet from cars at traffic lights....

That usually drives me nuts, and I usually just go in front of them and they think I'm reckless.

That usually drives me nuts, and I usually just go in front of them and they think I'm reckless.
I do that too, as soon as enough room opens up for me to go by. Gonna get a ticket/cause a crash one of these days but I can't help it :(

I've had drivers do that before. Sometimes I get just enough space that I can slip right in front of them at the light. Pisses them off to no end, but that's what they get for leaving enough space to land a 747.

I've had drivers do that before. Sometimes I get just enough space that I can slip right in front of them at the light. Pisses them off to no end, but that's what they get for leaving enough space to land a 747.

You are much nicer than I then. I don't always wait for a light, thanks to bus stops there are some places to get around them if you can manage speed/timing right.

I was on a main road today: two lanes in every directions, I was on the fast one, slowly passing another car. I was doing 60 kph (limit 50), so that was a bit slow for the average traffic there. However, I didn't want to go any faster, so when I noticed the car far away in front was stopping to turn left (legally), I found out that I hadn't enough room to complete the overtaking. So I slowed and looked in my mirrors in order to indicate and move to the right.

When I looked in the mirror, I saw, at some distance (7-8 car lengths), a maxi-scooter -on the same lane I was in- (very important). No problem then. I indicated, took a moment, then looked again and started to move right; then I found out that the idiot on the maxi-scooter had moved right and was rapidly getting nearer, probably wanting to pass me on the right. (note that he actually moved to the right, he still was in my rearview mirror, so he was quite behind, and my indicator had been flashing for more than two seconds already).

Clearly I continued moving to the right, slow but steady, paying attention in leaving him enough space in case he would be a massive idiot.

He was.

But then again, there was a car already in front of me (the one I was about to overtake, it hadn't disappeared), so he coudln't pass me on the right. He then braked and waited. As long as the road allowed for it, he passed me on the left, and dared to turn around to look at me (despise, I think). In return, I pointed my finger at my head, in a "you're crazy" gesture .

Last edited:
I was on a main road today: two lanes in every directions, I was on the fast one, slowly passing another car. I was doing 60 kph (limit 50), so that was a bit slow for the average traffic there. However, I didn't want to go any faster, so when I noticed the car far away in front was stopping to turn left (legally), I found out that I hadn't enough room to complete the overtaking. So I slowed and looked in my mirrors in order to indicate and move to the right.

When I looked in the mirror, I saw, at some distance (7-8 car lengths), a maxi-scooter -on the same lane I was in- (very important). No problem then. I indicated, took a moment, then looked again and started to move right; then I found out that the idiot on the maxi-scooter had moved right and was rapidly getting nearer, probably wanting to pass me on the right. (note that he actually moved to the right, he still was in my rearview mirror, so he was quite behind, and my indicator had been flashing for more than two seconds already).

Clearly I continued moving to the right, slow but steady, paying attention in leaving him enough space in case he would be a massive idiot.

He was.

But then again, there was a car already in front of me (the one I was about to overtake, it hadn't disappeared), so he coudln't pass me on the right. He then braked and waited. As long as the road allowed for it, he passed me on the left, and dared to turn around to look at me (despise, I think). In return, I pointed my finger at my head, in a "you're crazy" gesture .

LOL you, my friend, are too nice. I would have just moved over as I pleased retard on a scooter rear ends me its his problem not mine (I'd be out what a bumper?)

LOL you, my friend, are too nice. I would have just moved over as I pleased retard on a scooter rear ends me its his problem not mine (I'd be out what a bumper?)

I have to. The first reason is I try to keep the paint on my car as good as it can ( :devil: ), the second one is I really don't want to hurt anybody, not even the idiots who try to hurt themselves, the third one, is that there is no way to know beforehand if you're going to pay money or not through your insurance company; even if you are completely right, there is a chance that the blame will be on you, or just 50% of it, and that is not what I want, plus it's too easy to find some false witnesses. One and a half years ago an idiot brought me down in broad daylight while I was on my scooter, then fled. I managed to track him down, bring him to court and prove he willingly stated the false, I'm still not sure how it will turn out (Things seem to look good, but I really have to wait until the end of September, after the judgement), and if I win it will be because he made one crucial mistake; had he done all correctly, I wouldn't even stand a chance.

Also, when I can, I do use the size of my car to keep some scootered idiots at bay, it's effective, but my motto is: I'm going my way, you're going yours, I don't want to step on your toes, so don't step on mine. (ah, if this could work effectively...)

Dear lady in the tan Nissan Maxima on the Ben Franklin Bridge this morning: I wonder if you noticed the trail of smoke behind your car and the fluids you were dropping on the bridge's roadway. Based on how you didn't even stop to look at the damage that was doing to your engine, apparently not...I hope your engine's still running after the abuse you've put it through.

I have to. The first reason is I try to keep the paint on my car as good as it can ( :devil: ), the second one is I really don't want to hurt anybody, not even the idiots who try to hurt themselves, the third one, is that there is no way to know beforehand if you're going to pay money or not through your insurance company; even if you are completely right, there is a chance that the blame will be on you, or just 50% of it, and that is not what I want, plus it's too easy to find some false witnesses. One and a half years ago an idiot brought me down in broad daylight while I was on my scooter, then fled. I managed to track him down, bring him to court and prove he willingly stated the false, I'm still not sure how it will turn out (Things seem to look good, but I really have to wait until the end of September, after the judgement), and if I win it will be because he made one crucial mistake; had he done all correctly, I wouldn't even stand a chance.

Also, when I can, I do use the size of my car to keep some scootered idiots at bay, it's effective, but my motto is: I'm going my way, you're going yours, I don't want to step on your toes, so don't step on mine. (ah, if this could work effectively...)

Good luck on your court case! I guess that's the difference in laws, here if you get rear ended its always the fault of the dude behind no matter what. I try to drive "nice" but I will keep on going the way I am going if someone is doing something stupid sux to be them :p