Stupid Driver Stories

No I haven't, doesn't look like it's got good ratings, but the premise sounds like fun, I'll have to watch it.

As a movie its not particularly good, but it does have some very valid points about how people get dumber.

It is a funny movie that will scare the shit out of you.

Happened just a few minutes ago. Someone crashed into the ONLY parked car on the street, two doors down from where I live...and in plain sight of the Blawnox PD truck.

She was really tipsy when the officer asked her to get out of the car, so she might be charged with DUI.

The opening sequence of Idiocracy was gold. Unfortunately the rest of the movie did not meet the bar they set but it had its moments.

Yesterday I was driving home on a two lane each way highway that rings Denver. Speed limit 65. First I was in the left lane and a truck pulls out in front of me making me lay off the gas. No big deal, but notable only because of the next events. In front of the person who cut me off was an Xterra. This Xterra suddenly drove into the median which is gravel, smashed into one of those poles they stick into the ground to measure distance or have reflectors on it, then proceeded to snap back onto the road. Meanwhile I am slowing my car. She snapped back onto the road so quickly the whole car was swerving around over steering and the whole car was looking rather top heavy. The lady kept it on the road and promptly pulled over and stopped after all of that. My bet was it was a stupid lady using her phone, but I am not certain.

Today coming home I encountered a dumbass in a Lexus LX450 on a narrow hilly two-lane road. He was about a foot away from the Econoline in front of him (both coming up the hill) and he was crossing over the double yellow line (don't know if he was trying to overtake the Econoline or not). A good foot of his SUV was in my lane, which leaves me to either hit him or hit the fallen down tree next to the road (I was going downhill). Luckily I honked the horn and he swerved a bit back leaving me enough room to squeeze past. Near death experience with an SUV 5x the size of my little Mercedes. Why can't people learn to drive in their own lane?

Someone needs a refresher course on what the left turn lane is for.

Last edited:
This conversation just occured:

Customer: "Right now my car doesn't have any brakes on it, I was just wondering if it was possible just to buy the rear disc brake conversion kit and run those and still drive the car until I get enough money to buy the fronts."
Me: "Well, I suppose so, but I wouldn't recommend it. You definitely need some kind of brakes on the front, whether they're disc or drums doesn't really matter."
Customer: "Oh really? Why's that?"
Me: "Well, it's your front wheels that do 90% of the braking, so if you just get the rears you'll probably end up in a tree."
Customer: "Ohhh, is that so? Well, thank you so much then. I guess I'll have to do that."

Something tells me this person is probably not going to make it through the car restoration process without something bad happening.

It's the GoPro 960HD I have used for a while, just stuck on top of my helmet.
It's better on the helmet for some reason. :)

Here is a good one, some dude tried to merge into me w/o looking on the highway when I laid on the horn HE KEPT GOING!! WTF is wrong with people? I had to go on the shoulder to avoid him....

It's better on the helmet for some reason. :)

Here is a good one, some dude tried to merge into me w/o looking on the highway when I laid on the horn HE KEPT GOING!! WTF is wrong with people? I had to go on the shoulder to avoid him....

I have some additional footage I am going to process and upload, we'll see what people think. I also have permission from some new artists on the music front, so I have to figure that part out as well (as the 919 just doesn't make much noise.)

This conversation just occured:

Customer: "Right now my car doesn't have any brakes on it, I was just wondering if it was possible just to buy the rear disc brake conversion kit and run those and still drive the car until I get enough money to buy the fronts."
Me: "Well, I suppose so, but I wouldn't recommend it. You definitely need some kind of brakes on the front, whether they're disc or drums doesn't really matter."
Customer: "Oh really? Why's that?"
Me: "Well, it's your front wheels that do 90% of the braking, so if you just get the rears you'll probably end up in a tree."
Customer: "Ohhh, is that so? Well, thank you so much then. I guess I'll have to do that."

Something tells me this person is probably not going to make it through the car restoration process without something bad happening.

Something tells me that guy won't make it home in one piece. Or survive but be surprised that his idea didn't work....

I used to work with the public an an electronics store, and worked a bit in the car audio bit. You would not believe what some people would try to do to 'install' things cheaply.... *shudders*

This isn't exactly stupid driver material, but it's related and close enough.
vlcsnap-2011-06-02-01h57m40s94.png

This construction crew got their concrete saw's blade trapped in the pavement - ended up blocking traffic.

The blade was still stuck in the road when I went back by later.

More amusingly, as I was leaving the area the first time, the minivan driver was still trying to decide whether to wait or turn around instead. As if the group of people standing around looking stupid wasn't enough of a cue that the blade wasn't going to be going away any time soon...

Edit: Forgot I also captured this bit of driving genius.

Last edited:
Here is a good one, some dude tried to merge into me w/o looking on the highway when I laid on the horn HE KEPT GOING!! WTF is wrong with people?

That happens so often in jewistan, I just end up ignoring it when it happens D:

This construction crew got their concrete saw's blade trapped in the pavement - ended up blocking traffic.

That just shouts of the TG boys - ambitious but rubbish. :lol:

That happens so often in jewistan, I just end up ignoring it when it happens D:
Jewish drivers here are feared/hated much more than asian/female ones. Not surprised that Jewistan is like that. I'm a dick though I won't back off and I made it a point to cut him off and brake check him :p

Jewish drivers here are feared/hated much more than asian/female ones. Not surprised that Jewistan is like that. I'm a dick though I won't back off and I made it a point to cut him off and brake check him :p

Ever seen the movie "Marathon Man" with Dustin Hoffman? :p