Stupid Driver Stories

Up here in Canuckistan you would face the wrath and hatred of the entire motoring populace upon doing such a thing. Sure the lane continues for a bit, but you better damn merge as soon as the solid line goes to a dotted one or else you're viewed as being a selfish ass. It is viewed a bit like queue-jumping.
We don't care that there's a jam, get in behind like you're supposed to.

Here in california, no one cares because the majority of people drive like asses. All that matters is that they were able to get through the traffic jam approximately 5 to 10 minutes faster by discovering a lane no one was using. On the 99, do you really expect people not to pass that last car or truck when the 3 lanes merge back to 2? On it, people pass, and sometimes even drive onto the shoulder to get that last pass in (I've never gone that far). And generally, I personally do not care what people think of me driving on long distance trips, espeically since I will never see anyone that is traveling again. In Modesto, I do drive carefully though.

Last edited:
Why do people get so uptight when someone else honks at them when the light has turned green and they make no attempt at moving? Or when they suddenly cut in front of you when you're going faster than they are, they get pissy that you honk and choose to brake check you. Wtf?

That's what happened to me on my lunch break getting food. Some asswipe cuts out in front of me, I honk to get him to realize someone IS right there and not in his blind spot as I can see him in his side view mirror looking at me, he brake checks me then gets pissy when I blare my horn at him. I didn't make the situation any better when cut in front of him after an opening in a lane beside me and brake checking him. Yes, I know, doing that is bad and shame on me but.. argh!

That and the amount of people cutting in front of other people these days... it's insane. Happens to me all the time as I'm driving the speed limit, 65-70mph on freeways and whatever is posted on streets. I can see cutting someone off when they're going below the speed limit but someone who is keeping up with traffic, has a BUNCH of room behind them... why can't they slow down and get behind?? :mad:

I think everyone should be involved in an accident, period. Whether they caused it or not, your driving outlook WILL change because of it. Whenever I see a car that has dents in body panels, I stay away from them because the way I look at it is 1) they don't care for their car enough to get them taken out 2) don't drive that well which is why they have them 3) they probably don't have insurance to pay for repairs should they hit me.

I'd love to get a foam bat like the one in the Simpson's episode where they did family therapy, and just beat people over the head with them for the bad driving. Sure I would probably get smacked around too but hey, its a softer way of getting aggression out on other drivers :O

Why do people get so uptight when someone else honks at them when the light has turned green and they make no attempt at moving? Or when they suddenly cut in front of you when you're going faster than they are, they get pissy that you honk and choose to brake check you. Wtf?

That's what happened to me on my lunch break getting food. Some asswipe cuts out in front of me, I honk to get him to realize someone IS right there and not in his blind spot as I can see him in his side view mirror looking at me, he brake checks me then gets pissy when I blare my horn at him. I didn't make the situation any better when cut in front of him after an opening in a lane beside me and brake checking him. Yes, I know, doing that is bad and shame on me but.. argh!

That and the amount of people cutting in front of other people these days... it's insane. Happens to me all the time as I'm driving the speed limit, 65-70mph on freeways and whatever is posted on streets. I can see cutting someone off when they're going below the speed limit but someone who is keeping up with traffic, has a BUNCH of room behind them... why can't they slow down and get behind?? :mad:

I think everyone should be involved in an accident, period. Whether they caused it or not, your driving outlook WILL change because of it. Whenever I see a car that has dents in body panels, I stay away from them because the way I look at it is 1) they don't care for their car enough to get them taken out 2) don't drive that well which is why they have them 3) they probably don't have insurance to pay for repairs should they hit me.

I'd love to get a foam bat like the one in the Simpson's episode where they did family therapy, and just beat people over the head with them for the bad driving. Sure I would probably get smacked around too but hey, its a softer way of getting aggression out on other drivers :O
Replace "foam bat" with "50 caliber assault rifle" and we are in business :p

Why do people get so uptight when someone else honks at them when the light has turned green and they make no attempt at moving?

Or when they suddenly cut in front of you when you're going faster than they are, they get pissy that you honk and choose to brake check you. Wtf?

Unfortunately, the world is full of rude and ignorant people who act the same way when they drive.

My approach to this is that they are on their way to their next accident and I don?t wish to be part of that occurrence, thanks very much.

So I do try and anticipate bad behaviour by other drivers and if they do cut me up or whatever I don?t retaliate & get involved with their foolishness. :)

As I was driving to LA on the 5, there was an asshole asian in a yukon xl that was driving like a general ass. As some people know, its a two lane freeway, and lots of time, people undertake. I realized that there was no room for any more people to undertake, so I turned into the inside lane (the one with the trucks) to block any more people from coming. The pickup truck behind me left enough room for me to turn back in the lane. Most people understand and turn back into the left lane waay back. Well, the dumbass in the yukon decides he is better than everyone and he can get me to move by tailgating. I dont move (there is only like a 3 car space between me and the truck, so the asshole in teh yukon wouldnt gain anything by passing me). I turn back into the lane as the space cuts to 2 cars (the pickup left some room for me), and the yukon driver completely cuts me off. There is maybe a 7 foot space between the front of my car and the back of the other. What the asshole does is turn into that space, blatantly yelling at me. After passing the truck, the yukon gets back into the right lane and I continue and get up to pass him. He has his window down and is yelling (I have no idea why, since we are going 80 and so one could hear), so I flip him off because of his ass move. What he does then is pretend to turn into me, so I gun it and weave to get out of my way. I thought it would get rid of him, but nope. he guns it and follows me, and tries to pretend to hit me again. The third time he gets next to me, I slam the brakes (I see that his wife and kids are yelling at him from the back seat and passenger seat), so I turn behind him. I have my sister call the chp and give the license number and location to them. I slow down to 70 to have some distance build. The yukon is lost from sight. Sure enough, around 5-10 miles ahead, he is pulled over. Served the asshole right.

Some people are out of their mind while driving...

I was on a Highway, three lanes. Speed is limited to a 130 and checked with average speed cameras (creepy stuff), so basically you set your speed and go on.

Yet there is always someone who wants to go faster, and someone who goes slower. No problem, if not that you can pass a car (at a low speed difference) only to be later passed by the same car (which has accelerated for no reason). Then the other car will slow down again (again, for no reason) under your still constant speed, allowing you to pass him again.

And again.

And again.

I can't understand why such people exist. The thing should be simple: set a speed, keep it and make your way to wherever you want to go. But no, this would be too easy, and the assholes' ego wouldn't be flattered, so they have to accelerate and decelerate to make sure you understand that they have a divine right to be in front of you and you must slow down to match their speed (keep in mind that average speed is checked, so speeding is actually impossible over long distances). Honestly, this amuses me rather than making me angry, but it soon shows it's real nature of a sad and annoying behaviour.

Well, I was there, I was driving (constant speed) and traffic was quite heavy. I passed a Merc B-class in gold paint. A couple of minutes later, the idiot was passing me. Then he slowed down and I passed him again. Then, traffic got worse, and slowing downs were fequents. I was stuck in the left lane (fastest), following a car and overtaking a truck, when I magically noticed, behind me, the idiot on the B-class. He clearly was trying to find a way to pass me (why, on traffic -that- heavy?). At that point, for two times, I had to brake hard, because the car in front of me was nearly stopping (the entire highway was, actually), and the idiot in the b-class behind me must have thought I was brake-checking him. When traffic lightened up a bit, I finally managed to find the middle lane free and got back, letting him pass (I was relieved by not having him behind me anymore).

Needless to say, a few km after that, and roughly two km from the end of the highway, I was passing him again (and I was not speeding...). This put him in a bad mood, and while I was passing, he abruptly decided to cut me off; he moved slowly (to avoid contact), so it's clear that he knew perfectly I was there, and he used no indicator whatsoever. I honked at him, because I was practically at his side, but he continued moving. I honked some more, I braked down a bit, I let him pass and I flashed my lights (actually, the xenon high-beam stayed on (in his eyes), as I later discovered (was my daddy's car, I'm not that used to certain features), but that was unintended), and I stayed well behind him, because I noticed he was also slowing down a bit and I was afraid he might brake check me... A real idiot.

However, the ironic ending was that at the end of the highway (which was there already), he tried to get in the fastest exit lane, and failed, so I actually was in front of him again after the tollgate... At that point average speed control was not there anymore, so I happily let him speed away.

Last edited:
Met a stupid cab driver today who started wandering closer and closer, I should've honked, but didn't. 6 months back I'd have given him a good long blast and a salute out my open window. Maybe it's age...

Anyway, now that I think about it, I am kicking myself for not giving him an earful.

I was on a Highway, three lanes. Speed is limited to a 130 and checked with average speed cameras (creepy stuff), so basically you set your speed and go on.

Yet there is always someone who wants to go faster, and someone who goes slower. No problem, if not that you can pass a car (at a low speed difference) only to be later passed by the same car (which has accelerated for no reason). Then the other car will slow down again (again, for no reason) under your still constant speed, allowing you to pass him again.

And again.

And again.

I can't understand why such people exist. The thing should be simple: set a speed, keep it and make your way to wherever you want to go. But no, this would be too easy, and the assholes' ego wouldn't be flattered, so they have to accelerate and decelerate to make sure you understand that they have a divine right to be in front of you and you must slow down to match their speed (keep in mind that average speed is checked, so speeding is actually impossible over long distances). Honestly, this amuses me rather than making me angry, but it soon shows it's real nature of a sad and annoying behaviour.
I know that too well. I found that it's often with people swapping between driving consciously and unconsciously.

Let's say I'm doing around 130 km/h. They creep along somwhere at 110 km/h, because their heads are busy with other stuff. But suddenly, as some thought or event brutally rips them out of their daydream, they realise they are not a doorknob waiting for its life to go by, rather than a human being, driving a car. So they speed up to demonstrate to themselves that they are progressing, of course not thinking about what's going on around them. Then, when they fall back into their dreaming, they slow down again.

Very nice for them, but very annoying for you when you're trying to get through traffic by guessing what people are up to.

Met a stupid cab driver today who started wandering closer and closer, I should've honked, but didn't. 6 months back I'd have given him a good long blast and a salute out my open window. Maybe it's age...

Anyway, now that I think about it, I am kicking myself for not giving him an earful.

I generally get right along side them and match speed. Reaction is generally hilarious.

I know that too well. I found that it's often with people swapping between driving consciously and unconsciously.

Let's say I'm doing around 130 km/h. They creep along somwhere at 110 km/h, because their heads are busy with other stuff. But suddenly, as some thought or event brutally rips them out of their daydream, they realise they are not a doorknob waiting for its life to go by, rather than a human being, driving a car. So they speed up to demonstrate to themselves that they are progressing, of course not thinking about what's going on around them. Then, when they fall back into their dreaming, they slow down again.

Very nice for them, but very annoying for you when you're trying to get through traffic by guessing what people are up to.

I'm not going to lie. If traffic was enforced by average traffic cameras, I would do the same. I would slow down so I can floor my car and accelerate to go faster for a little bit. I like hearing my engine rev.

I discovered more proof yesterday of the importance of not being an idiot on the roads.

For a start, I was looking at the stereo and nearly hit a bollard on one of those speed reducing slaloms. My bad entirely.

Then, after specifically telling him not to, my idiot of a 'friend' (I've liked him less and less as the recent months have gone on) drove off at high speed in his 1.8 Dolomite Sprint. I was finding it very difficult to keep up in the Kangoo, and would have probably crashed if I hadn't have had a true mate in the car with me who knew the road (which I had never been on before). The other guy had to wait up twice, and laughed when I called him an idiot, trying to blame it on me for being 'slow'. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't class what I was doing safe, and I daren't think what he was doing.

I'm not going to lie. If traffic was enforced by average traffic cameras, I would do the same. I would slow down so I can floor my car and accelerate to go faster for a little bit. I like hearing my engine rev.

You could just put it in 4th or 3rd instead of 5th.....

You could just put it in 4th or 3rd instead of 5th.....

I don't want a continuous humm. I want the revs to build. I swear I have ADD sometimes. At times, I want the sound of the vtakkkkkk, but other times, I want silence.

but that would be too logical for me to do.

That's fun, but that's not what it happens normally. People like those I described above are different from you, they don't drive a whole lot at relatively low speed and then a small fraction at quite high speed. They just pass from 120 km/h (75 mph) to 150 (roughly 90 mph), and they do this regularly a couple of minutes AFTER you passed them at your average 130 km/h (80-82 mph).

And again.

And again.

I can't understand why such people exist.

I suspect these are the same people who, when sitting in a chair, can't keep their legs still. Taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap forever and ever and ever. They just don't know how to be solid and steady.

Oh dear. I do the tap tap tap thing while sitting, usually with the right foot. That being said, I can maintain a constant hwy speed, and I get really pissed off when the person in front of me is slowing down, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up etc. I love the way they like to deliberately make it hard for you to get past them, and then when you finally do, they almost immediately decide they want to pass you instead....aghggh!! :wall:

it's not that hard to maintain highway speed. Just put your right foot as far down as it goes, and keep it there until you reach your destination.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind that. It may still be annoying to others, but at least it makes some sense to somebody. The speed-changing I'm talking about serves no purpose whatsoever.

it's not that hard to maintain highway speed. Just put your right foot as far down as it goes, and keep it there until you reach your destination.

mmmhh... somehow, I don't think this is going to work properly... but I can't figure out why...

...oh, yes! I got it. It's the fuel consumption... :p

:)

Seen yesterday:

Mabye you can spot the problem:
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2009/07/17/celicaparking.JPG

Greetings, lip